I'm done.
Aug 23, 2003 at 11:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Jacobh

100+ Head-Fier
Yesterday I handed in my Master's Thesis. I'm done. It feels good. Just thought I would share. Unfortunately, now that I have time, I can't listen to my gear because it's all packed up.

Aug 24, 2003 at 1:59 AM Post #3 of 8
Congratulations - good work, you must be relieved. I did the same with my Ph.D. thesis last November, although I only received notification 2 weeks ago that it was officially passed by the University (yippee!).

Unlike the US, Australia sends it's theses out for examination which can take anywhere from 3-6 months. Mine took about 3 months, but by the time I had made the requested corrections and ammendments, reprinted the person, posted it back to Australia and had my wonderful brother organise the binding....well, you get the idea!

Once again, well done
biggrin.gif

Aug 24, 2003 at 6:37 AM Post #5 of 8
Excellent.....what did you study?

Aug 24, 2003 at 6:53 AM Post #7 of 8
Nice man!
I defended my thesis last week and will be writing my composites late next week. It was sooo wonderful to hand that baby in. Congrats!

Aug 24, 2003 at 11:14 AM Post #8 of 8
Congratulations! What were you writing about?

I don't have a master's thesis to write, but I have some nasty exams that I will probably take in the winter or spring. After that I don't miss a beat -- just keep going in the same program until Ph.D. I love the idea of research, it's just that I am currently wondering whether I will have the stamina for the Ph.D. I'm in history by the way. Nice job in completing your work!
Stuart

Users who are viewing this thread

Back