I'm done with Sennheiser!
Oct 5, 2015 at 2:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

JayNetTech5

100+ Head-Fier
Every time I buy a pair of Sennheiser headphones they either come with cosmetic faults or the sound is unequal in both ears creating an off-center or "unfilled" sensation when listening to music. I don't know, maybe it's only their cheap headphones that are crap, but this is ridiculous. This is my fifth pair of Sennheiser "5xx" series headphones (all of which the other four were returned) and for some reason the sound is getting more fullness in the right side making it sound off-center to the right while the left side is lacking in terms of both warmth and is missing sounds that the right side has.

Oct 5, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #4 of 14
Sounds just like a bad luck.

Next time be sure to get headphone with cable coming from each cup, to avoid possibility of this problem.
Those are usually really cool, since You can easily solder cables pack  even if they are not removable. With headphones that have 1 cord coming from it, it goes above the headband and it's usually a mess of cables... especially if they also have microphone. 

Oct 5, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #9 of 14
  Sounds just like a bad luck.

Next time be sure to get headphone with cable coming from each cup, to avoid possibility of this problem.
Those are usually really cool, since You can easily solder cables pack  even if they are not removable. With headphones that have 1 cord coming from it, it goes above the headband and it's usually a mess of cables... especially if they also have microphone. 

I buy a pair of $10 sony earbuds and they're equal in both ears, but a company like Sennheiser who's known for making high quality headphones can't make sure their lower end models ship with no problems?

Oct 5, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #11 of 14
  I buy a pair of $10 sony earbuds and they're equal in both ears, but a company like Sennheiser who's known for making high quality headphones can't make sure their lower end models ship with no problems?

That's why brand should not matter.
Companies like takstar, superlux or even philips all have more for less... but that until they get popular again. You pay for the brand.
That's why My Brainwavz Hm5 felt like a steal even tho those are most expensive headphones I have (about 150$)

Oct 5, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #12 of 14
Make sure you try turning the headphones around (L cup on R ear and vice versa) and see if the problem moves to the other ear.

I have another pair of the same headphones (HD 518s) sitting next to me and they sound more equal in both ears than these do. I've done that before with my 558s and they did indeed sound more equal when wearing them the opposite way, but the next pair that came in sounded equal when wearing them correctly.

Oct 5, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #14 of 14
Not that it matters, l but I've been buying/using Sennheisers since the 1960's and never had a problem. 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back