Im confussed...totally!
Dec 23, 2005 at 2:53 AM Post #18 of 21
First off, we plan to have a NJ meet soon (just the Meet Forum, I'm too lazy to grab the link) and you also try Audio Connection in Verona, NJ. They have both Grado and Sennheiser (actually I think they have both the 650 and 600 to demo as well as two or three high-end amps).

I'm also in Central NJ and you live in an area with tons and tons of opportunities to listen to high end headphone setups!
k1000smile.gif

Dec 23, 2005 at 5:05 AM Post #19 of 21
A safer bet is something pretty neutral and in the middle. DT880 are pretty even, but fairly polite. If you like a punchy, bass-ey sound, maybe 990 is more your style. HD600 will feel like its lacking detail, but it will be warm and "comfy". K701 is probably the best all-arounder but also expensive if its not perfect for you. Start with something in the center then move out from there... if you like the 990 you might also want to consider the Grado SR-225.

Dec 23, 2005 at 2:11 PM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by halcyon
[offtopic]
I strongly disagree.

Almost ALL of the newbie headphone queries are answered in their multitude of variations several times over here. Even the questions that pertain to new headphone models.

If nobody wanted people to search, there wouldn't be any search button, right?
smily_headphones1.gif

you're totally right... I'm beinning to see the same stuff over and over again...

Dec 23, 2005 at 3:39 PM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by jagged
you're totally right... I'm beinning to see the same stuff over and over again...

I've searched and did my part. BUt sometimes i have to rely on what others also have to say, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back