I'm Confused
May 9, 2012 at 4:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

chaneybenj

New Head-Fier
Hey guys. I'm new to the audio game.

I have a couple of questions which I'm sure will sound dumb and people are probably sick of answering but I need help.

I've just bought a set of Beyerdynamic DT-235 headphones to listen to on my Iphone 4S. My problem is it doesn't go loud enough for my liking and the treble and mids don't sound the greatest. So to my questions

1. would using a portable amp with an LOD give clearer more crisp sound with what I'm using?

2. I've read a lot of mixed reviews on the FIIO E11. Some say it's great others say not so much especially with mid and treble. What amp would you suggest for me even if I have to spend a bit more money. (not hundreds more though)

3. Any other info that may help me out?

Thanks for your patience.

May 9, 2012 at 5:07 AM Post #2 of 5
1) The Line out comes out of the iPhone, goes into the amp. Clear/Crisp not 100% certain, but definitely louder with the amp.
2) I'd say do not spend too much on the amp first, so the E11 is a good choice.

Just my opinion, you'll be better off spending on better headphones. Until you go really high end, the amp should not cost significantly more than your headphones themselves.

May 9, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #4 of 5
An e6 might be better yet for your phones as well. Sounds like you just need some juice, and the e11 is $30 more than your phones, which is somewhat overkill I'd think. Unless you want an amp for some other phones you plan on buying in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back