I'm buying the Etymotic ER-4P's!
Jan 22, 2005 at 9:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

IpodSF

100+ Head-Fier
Well before I leave for Los Angeles next week I wanted to have some good earphones to use on the plane. I was going through the checkout process buying the Shure E3c's from PCMall for $184 including shipping when I realized!

Wait!

Can't I get the Ety ER-4P's (the ones I have wanted for so long) for just $16 more? YES! I could! I immediately terminated my order and trailed over to Headphone.com on my computer.

I found out they were closed already so I will have to buy them on Monday. The plan is call Headroom 10am Monday morning. Purchase Ety ER-4P's. Get shipped FedEx Priority Next Day Air. Get Package. Open up Package. Take out ER-4P's. Put in bag. Get on Plane. Sit down. Take out iPod. Take out ER-4P's and indulge in 5 hours of heaven.

Jan 22, 2005 at 9:57 PM Post #3 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Actual
Sounds like a plan. Have fun.

Although shipping might be pretty expensive; on earsonic the fedex priority shipping was forty dollars or something.

Are the ER4P available in any stores or are they sold excusively on the internet?

I'm sure that if it is, it'd be the full MSRP of $330.

Jan 23, 2005 at 12:44 AM Post #4 of 14
Heh, by the time you pay for that Next Day Air, the Etys are going to be significatly more than $16 difference from the E3c's!
tongue.gif

PCMall sells the E3c's for $184? I could have sworn I remembered seeing the E3c's for around $120 recently. Unless that was just a sale or a pricing error...?

Jan 23, 2005 at 12:54 AM Post #5 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Imyourzero
Heh, by the time you pay for that Next Day Air, the Etys are going to be significatly more than $16 difference from the E3c's!
tongue.gif

PCMall sells the E3c's for $184? I could have sworn I remembered seeing the E3c's for around $120 recently. Unless that was just a sale or a pricing error...?

Actually FedEx Priority Next Day Shipping is only $15 from Headroom!
eek.gif

Jan 23, 2005 at 9:52 PM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Imyourzero

No, that's about right. At earplugstore.com they have the E3c's for $125 plus $7.50 USPS Priority shipping, but you wouldn't know it unless you put in coupon code "E3" when you check out..

Dan

Jan 23, 2005 at 10:49 PM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by IpodSF
Actually FedEx Priority Next Day Shipping is only $15 from Headroom!
eek.gif

Does Headroom have the new 10% off coupon for headfiers updated yet? headfi04 doesn't work and the other day headfi05 didn't work yet... i'm looking into the Etys as well and would love to get them from Headroom, but I have no problems grabbing them from discountheadphones.com for $200 if I need to..

Jan 23, 2005 at 11:22 PM Post #10 of 14
When you get on the airplance, don't forget to take the time to get a proper seal. They are remarkable headphones, but not if you don't get a seal. I use the white triflanges, and wet them a little before putting in. By the way, I have both the Etys and the E3s, and think the Etys are worth the money. Enjoy.

Jan 24, 2005 at 5:55 AM Post #12 of 14
Jan 24, 2005 at 6:00 AM Post #13 of 14
I'd e-mail todd the vinyl junkie have him match the $199 price and have him ship them priority, he's extremely fair with shipping... even going as far as upping the shipping type if the actual shipping price is closer to what you paid for shipping.

I hate it when companies use the shipping and handling to make money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back