I'm bored of 3D: How to train your dragon
Apr 3, 2010 at 3:45 AM Post #31 of 35
ill embrace 3D when im walking around in the holodeck
wink.gif
my main gripe with it as i said is the blurriness, if that went away i dont think i would mind it as much, well as long as the movies are shot in stereo, and now added in post processing, that bugs the **** out of me.

Apr 3, 2010 at 8:05 AM Post #33 of 35
Am I one of the few people who wears glasses full time, and still manages 3D glasses on top of them comfortably? Never really had a problem with the new ones of the last few years though I remember it was a pain when I was younger and wore much larger frames than I do now.

In any case, I don't have a problem with 3D as long as:

1. It is used for spatial purposes, i.e. enhancing stereo vision.
2. It is not used for the gimmicky stuff popping out of the screen into your face gimmicks of the days of yore.
3. The movie is filmed with the intention of 3D from the get-go and it is not tacked on at the end as an afterthought (never seems to come out quite right when that is done).

Apr 4, 2010 at 2:31 AM Post #34 of 35
I was very skeptical until I checked out a Samsung home display the other day. It was awesome and a world better than theater. In another year or so, if the content is there and early sales are promising, I'll upgrade.

Apr 4, 2010 at 2:47 AM Post #35 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by appophylite /img/forum/go_quote.gif

1. It is used for spatial purposes, i.e. enhancing stereo vision.
2. It is not used for the gimmicky stuff popping out of the screen into your face gimmicks of the days of yore.
3. The movie is filmed with the intention of 3D from the get-go and it is not tacked on at the end as an afterthought (never seems to come out quite right when that is done).

Agreed on all counts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back