I'm borderline on whether I want to buy the Total Airhead for my Grado SR-80i...
Jan 9, 2010 at 7:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Newtothelyte

New Head-Fier
Head-Fi community,

I just bought a pair of Grado SR80i's about a couple weeks ago and honestly, I was a little disappointed with the overall quality of the sound, specifically the bass. Of course they are a great pair of headphones but I really don't feel like I got my true moneys worth. Through internet research, I read that the SR80i's sound much better when they are amplified (obviously). I have been looking at many DACs and mini amps and it seems the Total Airhead receives the most praise. Is it really worth dropping the $100 on it?? Or are there better amps that I'm just not finding? Right now my music source is my laptop which has a pretty decent sound-card and all my files are in .wav format, so I know its not the source that is the problem.

Jan 9, 2010 at 7:58 AM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by Newtothelyte /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Head-Fi community,

I just bought a pair of Grado SR80i's about a couple weeks ago and honestly, I was a little disappointed with the overall quality of the sound, specifically the bass. ...

....it seems the Total Airhead receives the most praise.
Right now my music source is my laptop which has a pretty decent sound-card and all my files are in .wav format, so I know its not the source that is the problem.

Newtothelyte, I think you have to "burn" first your new headphones.
Let them play music first, then as time passes by it will definitely change for a better sound like what I have experienced with my SR60. Now, my SR60 sounds so great after a year already.

Also, I think you could better go for Total Bithead instead of Airhead because you are using it with your laptop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back