I'm back, 931s + Szekeres, and other stuff...
Apr 23, 2002 at 2:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Flumpus

Needs more Soylent Greento become Omega Man
Hey everyone, Flumpus isn't dead, just went into hiding for a while...

Just wanted to let yall know that I'll soon be posting some impressions of Tim D's DIY amp and 931s that he so generously let me borrow (Tim, check the 931s for a thank you). I'm really busy right now, but plan on posting something alot more significant in the near future... I will say this though, the amp was very smooth, and matched extremely well with the 931s.

And just an update... my main headphone system has been reduced to a Panasonic CT780, JMT-built cmoy, and etys (er4s). I still have my 555ES and Pro-Ject turntable, but its now in the living room with my speakers. Gotta say, music is just as enjoyable on this setup as it was on my Melos and 555 way back when (a few weeks ago). I didn't say it was sonically superior, but just as enjoyable. Its all about the music... I honestly haven't been checking headfi til a couple days ago, so was gone about 3 weeks. No tellin' what I've missed. I snapped out of my non-headfi lull when I got an e-mail from Dara about the Dallas Headroom show, so that got me in the mood to hear some nice stuff, and get back into it.

Look for my impressions of the 931s and Szekeres soon
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 24, 2002 at 2:35 AM Post #8 of 8
Can we get a bit more info on the Szekeres? Gained? Non-gained? DC coupled? ect...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back