I'm already starting to regret my purchase...
Feb 13, 2011 at 10:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

alexsabree

New Head-Fier
About two weeks ago I bought the HE-6 through HeadDirect. This is my first high-end set of headphones so I'm very anxious to hear them.

HeadDirect has given me no indication as to when I should expect my $1200 headphones in the mail. I've tried several times to get in contact with them, but they've yet to give me a response. I feel like they are avoiding me for some reason. Frankly, I'm pissed.

I'm going to call them tomorrow and hopefully I'll get a straight answer.

Is this normal? Have any of you guys had similar problems with this vendor?

Feb 13, 2011 at 10:33 PM Post #2 of 14
Yes, I had similar problems.  After not hearing anything for two weeks, I finally started calling and emailing constantly.  Mrs. T promised to find out what was going on but did not follow up.  Only after direct emails to Fang was I able to get them to look for my order.  They had lost it and only found it by going back to their paypal history. 

Feb 14, 2011 at 11:10 AM Post #5 of 14
I consider Head-Direct to be one of the good guys in our hobby.  My deals have all been straight forward without a hiccup.

We need to remember these are small operations where the parties wear many different hats throughout the day...sales, shipping, packaging, clerical, management, ordering & etc.  I always have more patience with audiophile/headphone vendors than I would otherwise.  As others have suggested, a phone call will probably clear everything up.

Feb 14, 2011 at 11:16 AM Post #6 of 14
Yes they where off for Chinese New Years. Don't worry I highly doubt they will rip you off, there just a fairly new company. Give Fang a pleasant short E-Mail asking him to please check, he will get you action.

Feb 14, 2011 at 1:11 PM Post #7 of 14
Well then that makes sense.

I finally got in touch with somebody and Ms. T told me that she sent an urgent email to the shipping manager in China to try to figure it all out. Hopefully I won't have to wait much longer.

Feb 14, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #8 of 14
Their customer service has been hit or miss with most people. Some people have experienced excellent customer service, myself and others....well...not so much. The "they are a new company" really isn't much an excuse for what have happened to myself and others in the past. But like someone else told me, once you get them, they will sound so good you will forget about any hiccups you may had with their customer service. I feel that even at 1200.00 they are an outright bargain. They have cured my fanboyism with stax(still adore them though). Untill I listened to them, I had prefered even the old vintange lambdas over any headphone I've listened to. They are special if you amp them properly.

Feb 14, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #9 of 14
My experience when I ordered the HM 801 was also disappointing.  Head-Direct really is screwed up when it comes to follow-up and service.  They've seen the last of my money.

Feb 16, 2011 at 3:16 PM Post #11 of 14
Yeah I just got them in and they are nothing short of amazing. The difference between these can's and my previous headphones (Ultrasone HFI780) is just astounding. Even with the sub-par amp that I use, the sound quality that these headphones put out are near perfection. I can only imagine what these will sound like when amped with the Schitt Lyr.

As it turns out, the headphones shipped when they were supposed to, but they never sent me an invoice telling me when to expect them in. Just yesterday, I unexpectedly had DHL call me and ask if I was going to be there to pick up my package and I had to rush home from work to pick them up.

In the end, everything worked out and I'm extremely happy about my purchase. Although I will definitely have to think twice the next time I consider buying from head-direct.

Feb 17, 2011 at 9:07 AM Post #12 of 14
I bought a pair of RE0 a year and half or so ago and their CS was awesome, I get email replies within the hour.

But now, I'm not so sure, I emailed them a few days ago about whether they can lower the shipping cost down from $10 to Hong Kong as the courier service that they use only cost around $2.5US and no replies yet : \

Feb 18, 2011 at 1:29 AM Post #13 of 14
For $7.5 what are you doing, and then posting about no reply please.

I would not hesitate to buy from Fang again. Yes you may have to give him a friendly reminder but in the end you are happy.

Feb 18, 2011 at 1:52 AM Post #14 of 14
For everyone's reference, yes it was Chinese New Year--and that's not a 1-day affair, fyi. Officially, CNY is two weeks' long, and it just concluded yesterday.
Also note that CNY is determined by a lunar calendar, so the dates on a Gregorian calendar change from year to year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back