I'm a UE convert!!
Mar 20, 2008 at 8:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

Joelc87

100+ Head-Fier
I started the path down audiophileality a little over a year ago when I got some E2c's with my birthday money from Best Buy. I was amazed at the way things sounded from these (you laugh I know). My eyes widened at the sounds of cellos buzzing and fingers sliding across strings and metronomes ticking in the background of some tracks. Unfortunately upgradeitis soon set in and I wanted more bass. In a matter of a couple months I went from the E2c's to the E3's the Super.fi5 pros, and then the SE530's. I stayed with the SE530's until very recently when the cables broke and I decided that I would get them replaced but also purchase another pair of high end IEM's. When soundearphones.com had pricematching with ecosts deal of 270 for the Triple.fi 10's I jumped on that deal. Needless to say I was satisfied with the sound of the SE530's until now after just listening to these new Triple.fi's. Don't get me wrong, I still think the SE530's are a great earphone and have many nice characteristics, however, I now will probably grab my UE's for listening most of the time because of their crisper cleaner sound and punchier less ringing bass tones.

Mar 20, 2008 at 8:30 PM Post #2 of 29
Looks like you might be changing your avatar soon, then.
wink.gif

Mar 20, 2008 at 10:41 PM Post #4 of 29
Actually I can't get over how tight every square inch of the tonal spectrum is with these. The treble, midrange, and bass is so controlled. These truly make all the electronics disappear and makes it sound like you're just listening to instruments, and vocals. The dual bore design really layers the sound together and makes it sound less artificial. Which is odd because to me analytical and musical were always two different things before but now, these are equally analytical and musical. Details come out like never before as well as this very non fatiguing sound. I'm very blown away. Next stop.....UE-11's. Darn you head-fi!!

Mar 20, 2008 at 10:58 PM Post #5 of 29
I am enjoying my Triple.Fi with my new iQube which appears to have real synergy.

Mar 20, 2008 at 11:28 PM Post #7 of 29
Personally, I definitely don't think that the tf 10 are "better" than the se530. I still enjoy my e500 very much despite having the option to hear the UE11s.

Each piece has its strength and weaknesses in this audio puzzle.

~G

Mar 20, 2008 at 11:29 PM Post #8 of 29
I'm in the same boat! I just recently tried the Triple.fi's when I had to send in the E500's for the cracking cables. The triple's were just to keep me company while the Shure's were gone.

Well, they struck me in quite the same way, and I agree with your comments, OP. I ended up falling for the UE11, and I'm loving it!

Here are my experiences in the form of a E500 vs TF10P review:

Shure E500 vs UE Triple.fi 10 Pro - Threadbox.net

Mar 21, 2008 at 12:24 AM Post #10 of 29
I really have to agree with the OP. I've recently decided to try a few IEMs to see if I could best the Shure e5/500 and Westone UM2's I use frequently. I have found the UE Triple fi 10 pros to give ME the best balance I've heard yet from any IEM and this includes the above as well as the SuperFreqs. Of course I think we all hear a little differently not to mention our taste in music, but I'm really liking what the Triple fi's do for me which is bring the treble range back in proportion. I do wish they were designed a bit differently to be a little more inconsipuous but I'm not having too much of a problem getting a decent seal.

Mar 21, 2008 at 12:39 AM Post #12 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was gonna give the triple .fi's a go when I was considering them or se530's, but since I own the Super fi 5 pro's and find them uncomfortable, I couldn't convince myself to take the plunge on the trip's. I ended up with the shures.

How do you like the RSA Predator with the shure E500/530?

Are you liking the Predator more than the Tomahawk? How do you feel they compare sound wise?

Thanks.

Mar 21, 2008 at 12:48 AM Post #13 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was gonna give the triple .fi's a go when I was considering them or se530's, but since I own the Super fi 5 pro's and find them uncomfortable, I couldn't convince myself to take the plunge on the trip's. I ended up with the shures.

The Comply T400 foamies will fix that comfort issue. Oh, their isolation is also superior.

Dave

Mar 21, 2008 at 12:50 AM Post #14 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
with the recent purchases of TF10s, is there an appreciation thread anywhere?

How 'bout right here.

My T.fi 10 Pros beat both my AKG K701s and Audio Technica
w5000s for top-to-bottom balance, transparency, detail and just overall great SQ.

Dave

Mar 21, 2008 at 12:58 AM Post #15 of 29
I love my Sf5 but disliked the sound of both the tf10 and the se530/e500.

I guess I'll need to wait for the Westone 3 or get myself a pair of customs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back