I'm a nice guy...
Aug 11, 2005 at 2:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

Julz

500+ Head-Fier
Well, my SR60's have been on extended loan to a young lad who works at my company. He was using some behind-the-ear Coby's (seriously!!) so I lent him my SR60's which he loves. It was recently his birthday and I know his girlfriend got him one of those new fangled Ipud things the kids use these days.

Well, today I officially gave him the headphones to keep and use with his Ipid.

Edited: sounded WAY more conceited than I intended

Aug 11, 2005 at 2:16 AM Post #2 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Julz
I'm a nice guy.

When you're really a nice guy, you do something like that without telling the world about it...

wink.gif

Aug 11, 2005 at 2:18 AM Post #3 of 29
heh, thats really cool of you man.

Aug 11, 2005 at 2:23 AM Post #4 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by RickG
When you're really a nice guy, you do something like that without telling the world about it...

wink.gif

I just try to encourage niceness with my fellow man...

biggrin.gif

Aug 11, 2005 at 2:30 AM Post #5 of 29
Quote:

wink.gif

I see where you're coming from, but, you know, a generous action is not diminished because one chooses to take credit for it. To do good in secret may be the heighth of altruism. To do good at all deserves a pat on the back in this self-centered age.

I think he's a nice guy.
smily_headphones1.gif

BW

Aug 11, 2005 at 2:49 AM Post #6 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Ward
I see where you're coming from, but, you know, a generous action is not diminished because one chooses to take credit for it. To do good in secret may be the heighth of altruism. To do good at all deserves a pat on the back in this self-centered age.

I think he's a nice guy.
smily_headphones1.gif

BW

i concur..
biggrin.gif

Aug 11, 2005 at 2:51 AM Post #7 of 29
*pats on the back* good show

now .. you'll just have to apologise to his wallet for introducing him to the start of the addiction called upgraditis :p

Aug 11, 2005 at 3:45 AM Post #9 of 29
Wow that was really nice of you. Just remember if you point him to this site you are no longer being nice.
biggrin.gif

Aug 11, 2005 at 7:02 AM Post #10 of 29
Good for you Julz. It migh have been fun to give them away to a Head-Fi noob in one of those contests, but giving them to someone you know is way cool too.

But I have a question: if you (theoretically) gave someone a pair of TriPorts or V600s would you still be considered a nice guy or a terrible, heartless person?

Aug 11, 2005 at 7:05 AM Post #11 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Imyourzero
But I have a question: if you (theoretically) gave someone a pair of TriPorts or V600s would you still be considered a nice guy or a terrible, heartless person?

Definately a terrible, heartless person.
600smile.gif

Aug 11, 2005 at 7:37 AM Post #12 of 29
Hehe, I gave my mother my PX100's for the gym and my aunt PX200's to go with her new Zen Touch. Does that make me a nice guy?
biggrin.gif

To the OP, really though, that was very nice of you. This world needs more people like that.

Aug 11, 2005 at 12:10 PM Post #13 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
I did the same thing for a friend of mine. Except with a Mint amp.

Oops. I'm not a nice guy anymore.
tongue.gif

-Ed

If you give me some of your gear now without telling anyone you'll be a nice guy again. *goes to check edwoods profile to see what what looks good*

I'm such a nice girl to make Edwood a nice guy again.
tongue.gif

P.S.
Jasper, you are a nice guy.

Aug 11, 2005 at 12:11 PM Post #14 of 29
Quote:

wink.gif

I think he didn't want his "niceness" put into jeopardy, so instead of telling the world he decided to just tell Head-Fi.

I've gone through about 3 pairs of MX400's, and I think all of them have found homes elsewhere. It feels good to introduce someone else into our little world of headphone audio
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 11, 2005 at 12:16 PM Post #15 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa
P.S.
Jasper, you are a nice guy.

If only you knew all that he's put up with from the likes of me, your estimation of him would double, at the least
wink.gif

So giving people audio equip makes one a nice person? I could do that, i suppose, with my Mint - except that'd be more of a concealed weapon than a gift. It exposes one to a brief, brief glimpse into the world of amp'ed hi-fi, and then as soon as one's ears evolve to take in the new experience, all its glaring weaknesses start becoming apparent, and upgradeitis strikes.

I think this might actually be a valid method of taking over the world. Give away free Mint's to the stock ipod earbud crowd, and watch them slowly convert. I could have the next generation of burgeoing head-fi'ers chanting my name in ritualistic adoration!

...yes, i'm bored. Shush
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back