im-590 burn in?
Oct 22, 2009 at 3:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

muxenle

100+ Head-Fier
just got my pair of Im-590s and I'm wondering how I should burn them in. Pink sound,white, some other, normal music, etc. And at normal listening volum, slightly above, or way above? and is 8 hours engough, more or less?

and if it matters my main music is various kind of metal, with a smattering of different generes thrown in when I fell in the mood.

Oct 22, 2009 at 3:40 AM Post #2 of 5
burn in is relative, some people don't believe in it, some do. Best bet, is to just plug and play. If you feel the need to burn it in, any noise at mid volume should be enough.

Oct 22, 2009 at 3:56 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by mythless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
burn in is relative, some people don't believe in it, some do. Best bet, is to just plug and play. If you feel the need to burn it in, any noise at mid volume should be enough.

Ya I know, but I figure it can't hurt, and the company even says to do it -_-. Though they sound pretty good, it almost seems as if they are missing something...

And from what I've read about burn/the theory of it, it makes sense that it might have some effect on the sound, and as a extesion of that the sound you're playing through it might effect how the burn effects the headphones.

Oct 22, 2009 at 4:20 AM Post #4 of 5
100 hours is the usual recommended burn in, but it varies hugely headphone to headphone. Some stop changing very quickly; others still improve at 150 hours. I do 100 just to be safe when writing a review. Otherwise i just do what mythless said - plug and play - and enjoy the changes in sound
wink.gif

Oct 22, 2009 at 5:02 AM Post #5 of 5
I would give at the very least 50 hours... Even with all the headphones here in front of me, I use the iM590 on almost a daily basis.

They really grow on you with time. In a straight shootout they were to my ears far better than the Turbine and even the turbine pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back