Ikko oh 10 replacement
Dec 16, 2022 at 5:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Picopala

New Head-Fier
I have an Ikko oh 10 which sounds great. I am very happy about the sound. I am addicted to this soft sub bass powered Iem. The bass is so deep with limited impact that it makes a perfect Iem for edm music. Nevertheless it is weighty and I am a bit tired of the weight. I have tried the campfire mamoth but the basses although ver good have too much impact and lack of this soft and warm sub bass that Ikko oh 10 offers. I have tried as well the fatfreq maestro mini. The sub bass is very good but the maestro mini is not compatible with phone as the sound is very low. I do think it needs a decent DAC and I need a deep powerful sub bass Iem similar in sound to the Ikko that can be well driven by phones. I am using a tws2 connection (cannot drive the maestro mini either). What is your recommendation for an Ikko oh 10’soumd like but light weighted. I though of the Moondrop variation which would correspond to my top budget.
Very important this sub bass powerful and soft.
Thanks.

Dec 16, 2022 at 7:30 PM Post #2 of 3
I have an Ikko oh 10 which sounds great. I am very happy about the sound. I am addicted to this soft sub bass powered Iem. The bass is so deep with limited impact that it makes a perfect Iem for edm music. Nevertheless it is weighty and I am a bit tired of the weight. I have tried the campfire mamoth but the basses although ver good have too much impact and lack of this soft and warm sub bass that Ikko oh 10 offers. I have tried as well the fatfreq maestro mini. The sub bass is very good but the maestro mini is not compatible with phone as the sound is very low. I do think it needs a decent DAC and I need a deep powerful sub bass Iem similar in sound to the Ikko that can be well driven by phones. I am using a tws2 connection (cannot drive the maestro mini either). What is your recommendation for an Ikko oh 10’soumd like but light weighted. I though of the Moondrop variation which would correspond to my top budget.
Very important this sub bass powerful and soft.
Thanks.

Yes Moondrop Variations is a good option for an upgrade.

They have a similar tonality, both have big bass, though Moondrop Variation's bass is more sub-bass focused.
graph.png

Dec 18, 2022 at 4:17 AM Post #3 of 3
Thank you very much for your advice. Not easy to find it in Europe. Is there any other alternatives (i.e with heavily boosted sub bass, gently boosted mid bass). The fact that i do not like the CA mammoth is that the sub bass are "eaten" by the mid bass, whatever EQ you try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back