iHP-1xxx now has crossfeed!
Nov 14, 2005 at 11:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

hekoman

100+ Head-Fier
I just went over to rockbox.com to update my h120 and they had just added a commit that enabled crossfeed, I am listening to it right now and it just sounds awesome.

I had listened to what crossfeed had sounded like on my computer previosly an i had loved the sound but since I use my h120 most fo the time I didn't use it since it was spoiling, but now I can be anywhere on my college campus in pure audio bliss.

Nov 15, 2005 at 2:52 AM Post #3 of 14
you need to flash your player with the modded rockbox firmware

Nov 15, 2005 at 2:56 AM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by sage
do you mean cross fade? or cross feed?

if it is cross feed, how do you do it?

Yes it is crossfeed. It is just a dsp effect that the authors of rockbox just finished writing and have added to the firmaware. In the options there is just an on/off option for it.

But also the rockbox firmware does have crossfade also.

Nov 15, 2005 at 3:07 AM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeDH
I loaded the latest Rockbox version (05/11/14) onto my H-140, but can't find anything in the settings that refers to crossfeed. Am I missing something?

You have to use the bleeding edge build, since they just added it like a few hours ago. Heres the one that I downloaded, just make sure you restart the player once you copy the new files over.

http://www.rockbox.org/auto/build-h120/rockbox.zip

It's under General Settings --> Playback --> Crossfeed

Nov 15, 2005 at 4:56 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeDH
Thanks, Hekoman. I found it, but haven't had a chance to listen yet. I assume that when using the optical line out the crossfeed will have no effect. Is that correct?

Crossfeed is done on a digital level so it will be outputed via the optical out. The optical out just bypasses the DAC and the amplifier.

Nov 17, 2005 at 4:16 PM Post #13 of 14

Users who are viewing this thread

Back