IHP-120 Noise
Jan 20, 2006 at 4:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ppl

Building amps and assuring water resistance.
IHP-120 Noise

My IHP120 no longer works properly only a loud hiss is heard from the Headphone jack and nothing from the Line out. I river did not answer my email and so far no one at mystic what ever it is haven’t replied. Is there a place that services these and would a Local Service shop do it,or Hum maybe i should get an I-POD (LOL)

Jan 20, 2006 at 4:37 AM Post #2 of 6
Have you tried resetting it? Or updating the firmware? Apologies, I can't really help much, my ihp kicked the bucket recently, and I AM getting an ipod.
biggrin.gif

As for iriver . . don't expect a response anytime soon. Or even at all.

Jan 20, 2006 at 6:16 PM Post #3 of 6
Three common causes of H1xx death:

1. Plugging into the wrong charger...this is very bad.

2. Dead harddrive

3. Failing Battery

#2 and #3 are fixable....do you have any more details on what's going on?

Kirosia, I've always wondered, yours is probably fixable, it sounded like a bad HD. Wasn't it corrupting song files?

Send it my way, it really wants a new 30 gig drive
biggrin.gif

Jan 20, 2006 at 7:05 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68

Kirosia, I've always wondered, yours is probably fixable, it sounded like a bad HD. Wasn't it corrupting song files?

Send it my way, it really wants a new 30 gig drive
biggrin.gif

Yep. I figured it was fixable, but I wanted to justify buying a new player.
biggrin.gif
No seriously, I was just fed up it. I keep getting this feeling that even I replace the HD, it'll somehow f'up again. It destroyed files continuously through the yearss, which annoyed me, cause most of it happened when I stil had my old pc, and I was using the ihp as a second HD. What happened recently was the final straw. The gui was really faulty too, and it'd freeze up, and show randome crap on the screen.

And no you can't have it.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 20, 2006 at 10:12 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
And no you can't have it.
very_evil_smiley.gif

I never actually said I wanted it...I just suggested that it really wants a new drive.

I could fix yours and get practice for when mine when/if it breaks.

Unfortunately for you, you must provide the drive...and I make no service guarantees. You get what you pay for
biggrin.gif

Seriously, you should sell your unit to another DIY'er if you have no intention of ever using it. I saw a broken one go the other day for around $70. There's a lot of people clamoring for these things.

Hopefully this isn't a thread derail as it should help the original poster as well....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back