iHP-120 menu and navigation controls
Nov 2, 2003 at 2:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Bill

New Head-Fier
I'm looking into getting an iRiver iHP-120. I'm just curious how loud the buttons are. I do a large share of my listening on campus in the library where it is more or less silent. I've got a MD505 and the buttons "click" when you use depress them. Thus, I'm always trying to muffle the sound while I'm switching back and forth several tracks at a time.

How it the iHP-120 in this respect?

On a side note, does anyone know of a place that has huge/oversized pictures of the player? I have yet to find any unresized, un-"professional" pictures of the ihp120. If you could point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it. Thanks
280smile.gif

Nov 2, 2003 at 3:37 AM Post #5 of 21
i believe the menu and navigation is one of iHP's hightlights, no other players comes close to this neat-looking menu system

Nov 2, 2003 at 4:07 AM Post #6 of 21
Profinger, I take it that the remote on the 100 and 120 are the same. I just noticed something that's pretty dumb IMO. The aligator clip opens on the side where the wires are. This would make it difficult to clip to ones belt or whatever because the wires would get bent etc...Am I correct in thinking this ?

Nov 2, 2003 at 5:33 AM Post #7 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by ProFingerSk8er
i believe the menu and navigation is one of iHP's hightlights, no other players comes close to this neat-looking menu system

IMO, the iPod has by far the best navigation and menu system.

Nov 2, 2003 at 5:37 AM Post #8 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by Sweet Spot
Profinger, I take it that the remote on the 100 and 120 are the same. I just noticed something that's pretty dumb IMO. The aligator clip opens on the side where the wires are. This would make it difficult to clip to ones belt or whatever because the wires would get bent etc...Am I correct in thinking this ?

yes the wire bents a little when the remote is clipped onto your shirt, but it's not a hassle at all, it's acutally very easy to read/use the remote.

Squibbles, i respect your point of view, and i agree that ipod's menu is very easy to opreate, but i love the graphical eye-candy of the iHP
wink.gif

Nov 2, 2003 at 5:44 AM Post #10 of 21
yes and no, you feel the joystick/buttons click but there's no "click" sound

Nov 2, 2003 at 5:47 AM Post #11 of 21
Quote:

That is perfect.
very_evil_smiley.gif
Thanks for the info
280smile.gif

Nov 3, 2003 at 11:57 PM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

On mine the joystick makes a pretty loud "click" sound when you press it. Moving it left/right/up/down is silent, as are the other buttons on the unit and all the controls on the remote are also silent.

--
Steve

Nov 4, 2003 at 12:01 AM Post #13 of 21
thanks kanefsky, forget to metion when u click on the joystick

Nov 4, 2003 at 2:41 AM Post #14 of 21
blink.gif
"On mine the joystick makes a pretty loud "click" sound when you press it. Moving it left/right/up/down is silent, as are the other buttons on the unit and all the controls on the remote are also silent."
blink.gif

Hmmm...excuse my "analness" but I just wanted to verify this.

Moving the joystick up, down, left, or right makes a *faint* sound. I dunno how to describe it, but there is a sound.

Pressing the buttons on the side also makes a *faint* sound.

Pressing on the joystick definately makes a loud click.

*(Tests done with my ear ~ >5 inches from the unit... LOL)

Atleast it does with mine?
confused.gif
You will only hear the loud click by pressing on the joystick inward, otherwise the other actions are inaudible when the player is in a pocket for instance.

P.S. Don't ask what my boss said when she saw me doing these tests!
blink.gif
icon10.gif

Nov 4, 2003 at 2:46 AM Post #15 of 21
i think when we'r talking about "click", we'r talking about those loud clicks like "CLICK"
biggrin.gif

i dont think the sound from moving the joystick and pressing the buttons on the side cound as a "click"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back