iHP-120 Headphones
Sep 27, 2004 at 2:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

MoAv

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys , first timer here . My question is about buying a new set for my iHP - 120 also known as H-120
smily_headphones1.gif
. My budget is 150$ so they need to include both headphones and amp if needed . I love actually almost every type of music . but most is Progressive Rock like Pink Floyd , Dream Theater , Yes , and others , blues like Led Zeppelin , GNR , and Jazz . I love bass , but more important are highs and then mids . although those headphone are for mobile needs , Quality is a big issue
smily_headphones1.gif
. Thanx in advance !!!
orphsmile.gif

Sep 27, 2004 at 2:34 AM Post #2 of 7
Sounds like some Etymotic ER-6i's would be perfect. I was just talking to a friend who has them and listens to the same music as you (APC, Tool, Dream Theater...) and he LOVES them. He doesn't have an amp yet for them, but I'm not so sure they would really need one.

Sep 27, 2004 at 2:57 AM Post #3 of 7
One thing I forgot to ad though I thank you for the respond . I hate canal phons
frown.gif
I don't like the feeling of the phones stuck deep in my ear ...
Yet another question - If my player is just a 20hz-20khz does a better headphonse range would make a difference on the range or should I stick to the same range headphones as my player ?

Sep 27, 2004 at 3:22 AM Post #5 of 7
If you don't mind size and sound leakage, I suggest a grado of some sort.

Sep 27, 2004 at 3:25 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
If you don't mind size and sound leakage, I suggest a grado of some sort.

I think it's important to ask the question of which do you prefer, open or closed? For closed cans, I'd suggest some Sennheiser HD280. They seem to be well liked for under $100, and with the extra cash you could get one of the DIY'ers around here or Norm from Headsave.com to build you a nice little amp
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 27, 2004 at 3:50 AM Post #7 of 7
How will I know what I preffer . I know I don't like the fact that the sound would come out of the phones but if it will be better sound for it being an open phones I wouldn't mind sharing my music
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back