Ihifi 960 headphone or IEM recommend ?
Nov 27, 2013 at 5:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

vocalking

New Head-Fier
Hi, everybody. This is actually my first post,  even though I have spent a lot of time with headfi. Once I got a question regarding SOUND, this is my first place looking for information, and it has never let me down so far.

Sorry for my English.

OK, back on topic. This is my rig: Rotel RDD06 + OBH-21+ AKG K702, I have been with them for over 3 years, I quite love the sound they produce, personally.

I recently bought a Xuelin 960 for using on the go at $415, as I do travel a lot, looking for a pair of cans or IEMs to hook on it. I currently got a few in mind:

beyerdynamic dt880 32ohm
Shure 940
AKG K550

OR, for IEM:

Shure se535
UE900
DN1000
astrotec ax60
IE80

It is not possible for me to listen to them one by one as Jaben Melbourne dose not stock them, and I have no idea anywhere else I could touch them. Generally I listen to pop (mostly female) and some violin. What I am looking for is: quite similar to K702 signature, nature, good detail & clarity, bass is not really the concern.

I feel like the 960 is not able to handle my 702 properly, so I doubt it is powerful enough to push the DT880 either Shure940.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Jan 19, 2014 at 1:08 PM Post #2 of 2
I have similar tastes and I also own the 960.
I find neutral iems work especially well with the player my faves are ck100 and hf3. 
All my iems sound great with it though. Read about the ck100's on joker's multi iem review.
The only iem that I think suits your signature is the 535's but i've never heard them.
Hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back