iGrados
Dec 28, 2006 at 9:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

gradojunkie

Head-Fier
hey I just caught a glimpse of the new iGrados and I'm looking for some opinions

Dec 28, 2006 at 10:21 AM Post #2 of 10
Street style fell out of fashion a long time ago imo
frown.gif

Dec 28, 2006 at 10:27 AM Post #3 of 10
Fashion? Headphones?

I had a very brief experience with them, at a meet, expecting the worst. I was very surprised to find them enjoyable. To me they were reasonably comfortable. The main complaint was the very cheap cable.

Dec 29, 2006 at 2:11 AM Post #4 of 10
IMHO, they aren't bad for what they are. If you don't want to block out ambient sound (safety could be a reason), and if you don't want to wear something huge (like G60s- and my teenage daughters don't), then the "iGrado" is a pretty good phone for the bucks. Oh yeah, your choices are a little limited if you don't want to carry amplification.

I prefer my ES500s, but will use the iGrados in a pinch. I gave a lot as presents this year, especially to relatives who run or bike where IEC phones would be an issue.

I like 'em better than the street Senns.

Dec 29, 2006 at 2:48 AM Post #5 of 10
are they worth buying over other $60 headphones? Or do you think their a bit overpriced?

Dec 29, 2006 at 2:57 AM Post #6 of 10
the only reason i see in buying these is if you simply cant let go of the grado sound signature and must be "approachable" in public =P

if you can live without the grado-esque sound, look elsewhere!

Dec 29, 2006 at 4:02 AM Post #7 of 10
I Like the iGrados more than I thought I would. Sound improves, IMO, with a dime mod on the pads. Good for listening on the move, especially since I'm very unlikely to wear my SR60s or HF-1s while out and about. I like the fit - street style doesn't bother me - and I like their sound over Senn PX100.

Dec 29, 2006 at 4:24 AM Post #8 of 10
I have them, and have easily put 100+ hours on them because I wear them when I work (and have been for a while). I like them a lot, the bass response is great, and the mids are very clear and in your face. Perfect for the loud environment I work in. They're also very durable.

Not sure if this is what you were looking for, but I really like them. Even though after just listening to them compared to my K-1000's, they sound very muddy and recessed, in addition to sounding like you're listening through a pillow :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back