Sep 21, 2006 at 5:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

biged

500+ Head-Fier
Is there anyone who can compare the iGrado's to :

- Portapro
- Senn PX100
- Ksc-75
- etc.

I'm interested, but I love my Koss cans for portable use. Would love to to hear some opinions.

Ed

Sep 21, 2006 at 12:02 PM Post #2 of 7
Only a hand full of people on this forum have the iGrado's in hand and have posted impressions. I don't think we have someone yet with all these headphones but I know I read a few people note the iGrado had some favorability over the Ksc-75 (read through the first few "got iGrado" threads).

Also the iGrado ZDNet article someone just posted a link to had the author note that they favored the Senn PX100 as it had a better top end.

I suspect once everyone gets these things and we get more impressions its just gonna boil back down to music choice and listening preference. HD650 vs RS-1, HD595 vs SR225, and now PX100 vs iGrado.

I suspect if you are a true Grado rocker the iGrado is gonna be a choice knock-around on-the-go option.

Sep 21, 2006 at 3:37 PM Post #3 of 7
Thanks for the reply. I am a Grado fan, but I am also a Koss fan. My Portapro is my favorite portable can (I consider regular Grado cans to big, cable too long for everyday portable use).

I am just wondering how the Portapro compares to the iGrado. If it is close I will stick with the Portapros. However, if the iGrado soundly beats the Portapro, then I am sure I will end up buying a pair.

Ed

Sep 21, 2006 at 4:27 PM Post #4 of 7
Once you change the original pads for something that doesn't inhibit the treble so much, iGrados are simply the best portable headphones I have ever heard. Compared to PX100 specifically they are on an entirely different level in terms of clarity, detail, bass impact, and midrange energy. I've been listening to them for 5 days now and I'm beginning to like them a lot. I've never heard any of the Koss headphones you mentioned so I can't offer any direct comparison to those.

Sep 21, 2006 at 4:44 PM Post #5 of 7
Just curious, fwojciec, is this compared to the newer "balanced" PX100s or the older "bass-heavy" PX100s?

Sep 21, 2006 at 4:50 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless
Just curious, fwojciec, is this compared to the newer "balanced" PX100s or the older "bass-heavy" PX100s?

Not sure - I bought them about two years ago from Amazon, I guess they are probably the older version.

Sep 22, 2006 at 4:06 AM Post #7 of 7
Thanks for the replies. Anyone with both the iGrados and Portapros out there?

Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back