iGrado vs the SR40's which is better?
Nov 28, 2007 at 4:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

captian73

Headphoneus Supremus
I've never owned a pair of SR40's but I'd like to think that on ebay.......someday........well, you never know. anyway if there is someone who has both the iGrado and the SR40, or who knows something about the both of them, which is better?

Nov 28, 2007 at 4:34 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by jayehs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I heard sr40's are terrible

oh dear! that's my dreams .....smashed!

Nov 28, 2007 at 6:38 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by jayehs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I heard sr40's are terrible

They aren't terrible. They sound a lot like the S60 except that they have a higher frequency rolloff on the bass. The build quality on the other hand leaves a lot to be desired. I owned a pair and kept them in pristine condition - in the packaging when not in use - but I knew if I were to throw them into a backpack, there would be a high risk the plastic frame might snap. I also wouldn't consider them to be anymore portable than the SR60 - they are both open cans after all, leak like crazy and would have to be driven to very high volumes to listen on the go.

Sorry, but I don't know much about the iGrado so I can't comment on it or provide a comparison.

Nov 28, 2007 at 7:04 PM Post #5 of 5
The igrado uses sr-60 drivers, so its basically the same headphone with a plastic "street-style" frame made in china.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back