iGrado Article @ ABCNews.com
Sep 21, 2006 at 1:15 AM Post #46 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by gdeth
? from headroom.com for the SR60

"Connector Type: 1/8" with 1/4" adaptor"
same for the SR80s

Really, wow. I assumed they all had the 1/4" plug. Why didn't I get an 1/8" adapter with my SR-225s?
mad.gif
SR-60 would be awesome for portable then.

Sep 21, 2006 at 1:22 AM Post #47 of 71
I much prefer the SR60's look ...

Sep 21, 2006 at 1:28 AM Post #48 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032
Yup, sounds and looks like a generic 5-minute review written by someone who doesn't know what they're talking about and overexaggerates everything

Sounds like the the average Head-Fi'er over the last two years or so, except there's no spelling mistakes.

Sep 21, 2006 at 1:41 AM Post #49 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beagle
Sounds like the the average Head-Fi'er over the last two years or so, except there's no spelling mistakes.

LOL. Best post of this thread.
wink.gif

Sep 21, 2006 at 1:45 AM Post #50 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by nichifanlema
Hey, thanx for calling me a "ATTENTION WHORE". I'd take my Audio Technica ATH A900LTD which is one of the BIG headphones outdoors rather than iGrados..

And yes, I think wearing iGrado is screwing Ugly compared to wearing my full-sized headphone outdoors

Think before you speak......sheesh

I'm not calling you, an attention whore, I'm calling him one. Why you'd wear Grados outdoors other than to call attention to yourself is beyond me. They're completely ineffective as portable phones imo, because they're almost completely open (wouldn't you rather have some isolation on a bus, for example? All the SS's I've used do provide some muffling effect, which helps), and they fall off your head easily once you have them adjusted to comfortable levels. If you listen to Grados portably, good for you, but I don't see any reason. Plus I just plain wouldn't take a pair of expensive open-air headphones out in the weather.

I always think before I speak, that's why I'm posting this, to make a point. I have a feeling this reviewer didn't do too much thinking before he wrote the review, or did a lot of thinking but kept his mind closed. Anyway pretty soon I'll get a pair of these and I'll see for myself. If my impressions turn out to be negative, well then I'll owe you an apology, but I'm pretty sure they won't change in appearange from now to when I get a pair.

Sep 21, 2006 at 1:48 AM Post #51 of 71
Quote:

I always think before I speak, that's why I'm posting this, to make a point.

The only point to your posting is making a fool out of yourself. Most people seem to agree with the review, or at least think it was sensible or fair.

Sep 21, 2006 at 2:22 AM Post #52 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by muckluck
Really, wow. I assumed they all had the 1/4" plug. Why didn't I get an 1/8" adapter with my SR-225s?
mad.gif
SR-60 would be awesome for portable then.

To clear this up the SR60 and SR80 and MS1 (which have options for both 1/8" or 1/4") is terminated with a 1/8" plug. The SR60 SR80 IIRC were designed to be used with portable sources, but not portably (the cables are too long to be used in portable situations). Even if you have the 1/8" adapter for the SR225, they will be too bulky (not to mention the stress on the jack of the portable player) and too much cable for portable. That is if you don't mind them letting in every one of those ambient noise.

Sep 21, 2006 at 2:22 AM Post #53 of 71
I'd like to add myself to the list of people who thought it was a fair review. When I first read it, my immediate reaction was... relief. I was expecting some ignorant, mis-informed diatribe from someone completely ill-equipped to provide a valid opinion on headphones. But to my surprise, the review was fair, to the point and made valid comparisons to other popular headphones in the price range. Nice review from a fellow Head-Fi'er... and kudos for not watering it down for mainstream consumption.

Sep 21, 2006 at 2:24 AM Post #54 of 71
Even though this is probably the most knowledgable headphone database in the world, there is always a good magazine review or two that comes by every now and then.

Heck, it's already been confirmed the guy is a Head-Fi'er!
biggrin.gif

Sep 21, 2006 at 2:29 AM Post #55 of 71
Suddenly, now that he's a head-fier, his credibility is somehow proven. Unfortunately, it seems that many of us don't realize that being a head-fi member doesn't instantly give you that credibililty...

Was an ok review, too opinionated to be of any use to me, however.

Sep 21, 2006 at 2:34 AM Post #56 of 71
I was just saying that this reviewer does have connections into this place, instead of us reading from some guy who reviews headphones from the blue.

Sep 21, 2006 at 2:35 AM Post #57 of 71
Quote:

I'm not calling you, an attention whore, I'm calling him one. Why you'd wear Grados outdoors other than to call attention to yourself is beyond me. They're completely ineffective as portable phones imo, because they're almost completely open (wouldn't you rather have some isolation on a bus, for example? All the SS's I've used do provide some muffling effect, which helps), and they fall off your head easily once you have them adjusted to comfortable levels. If you listen to Grados portably, good for you, but I don't see any reason. Plus I just plain wouldn't take a pair of expensive open-air headphones out in the weather.

I always think before I speak, that's why I'm posting this, to make a point. I have a feeling this reviewer didn't do too much thinking before he wrote the review, or did a lot of thinking but kept his mind closed. Anyway pretty soon I'll get a pair of these and I'll see for myself. If my impressions turn out to be negative, well then I'll owe you an apology, but I'm pretty sure they won't change in appearange from now to when I get a pair.

You may think before you speak, but you don't seem to think before you post.

And seriously, AtheisticFreedom, would it be so hard to believe that there are people out there apart from Head-Fi that know something about headphones? Possibly even know much more than you do? What, praytell do you classify as "from the blue?" You mean, someone who might like headphones and isn't a Head-Fi'er?

Sep 21, 2006 at 2:39 AM Post #58 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
You may think before you speak, but you don't seem to think before you post.

And seriously, AtheisticFreedom, would it be so hard to believe that there are people out there apart from Head-Fi that know something about headphones? Possibly even know much more than you do? What, praytell do you classify as "from the blue?" You mean, someone who might like headphones and isn't a Head-Fi'er?

I think that dilemma would be far too hard for a lot of people on these boards

Sep 21, 2006 at 2:40 AM Post #60 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by DieInAFire
Suddenly, now that he's a head-fier, his credibility is somehow proven. Unfortunately, it seems that many of us don't realize that being a head-fi member doesn't instantly give you that credibililty...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think anyone here has actually granted this guy instant cred' simply because he's a Head-Fi member. I had already formed my opinion way before it was determined he was a Head-Fi member. Personally, I didn't think it was a spectacularly insightful or detailed review, but I thought that, as far as mainstream news sites go, it was pretty fair and straight forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back