Ignore counter
Apr 19, 2012 at 4:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Anaxilus

Headphoneus Supremus
Anyone like the idea of an ignore counter perhaps somewhere next to post count?

I think it might be entertaining and encourage people to avoid engaging w/ folks they shouldn't be engaging.

Edit - This is a counter for how many you have on ignore, not how much you have been ignored.

Apr 19, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #3 of 8

Quote:
I don't like the idea, it could encourage mob mentality. Make your own decision to engage a person or not.

Could you explain further?  The only person who uses the ignore button on your computer would be you.  The decision is always yours.  
blink.gif

Apr 20, 2012 at 2:29 AM Post #6 of 8
Wait no, the counter is for the individual and how many people they have ignored.  Not how many times the person has been ignored.

For example, If I have ignored 100 people then there would be a 100 ignored counter next to post count or something.  I could be ignored 50,000 times like I am now and no one would know.  

Should have worded it more clearly.

Apr 20, 2012 at 2:38 AM Post #8 of 8

Quote:
Still, if that's the effect you want it to have, I'm against it.

The effect is to discourage useless banter about the color of the sky mucking pages of threads between people that can't figure out they are two ships forever passing in the night.  If you want total transparency w/o people giving second thoughts to their posting habits well okay.  Let the mods sort it out and the rest of us sift through the fluff.  Fair enough.  Thx for the input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back