Ignorance of the masses
Sep 12, 2004 at 6:42 PM Post #17 of 22
not one person who i've intorduced audiophile-level cans to has said "um what's the diff?" in fact it's a 100 percent conversion rate, with 2/3rds picking up the hobby (my wife is the only holdout.)

Sep 12, 2004 at 11:08 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by intlplby
can someone please tell me what $200 earbuds are supposed to look like?

solid gold?

Good point, IMO all earbuds look like $2...
biggrin.gif

Sep 14, 2004 at 6:03 PM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Judge Crandall
Sorry if I offended, I realize that the stock buds can be useful. Personally, I find them horribly uncomfortable, with or without the foam. I was just upset that people have told me I'm an idiot for getting different headphones when the stock buds are so good. I mean, whatever sounds good to you, I just find it a bit much when people tell me their buds sound better than my Ety's. If they were just saying they can't understand how I can spend that much on phones, I can understand that. But when they tell me the stock sounds better, I get a little upset. I never expected to actually convince any of these people, thanks for the responses. Just needed to vent to people who would understand.

the Judge

Not offended at all. I' m just pointing out quite simply that many people are just not as geeked as us about the whole audio quality thing. When I'm not obsessively listening for every fault, I'm actually the same as your average joe too... for example, I can fully appreciate how the technically less proficient (in comparison to the iPod) Sony Hi-MD 'HD digital amp' might actually sound nicer to the vast majority of non-audiophiles. Perhaps I'm unusual in being able to turn off my audiophile tendencies on demand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back