iFi Zen Dac / Lotoo Paw S1 + OpenMediaVault machine (Intel NUC) + ALSA audio + LMS $ Squeezelite (and Airsonic) - can't get it to work
Dec 22, 2021 at 3:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

x X x

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,

Are there any users familiar with Debian based Linux system and ALSA audio? I need an advice how to properly configure my system to use it as a Logitech Media Server with Squeezebox to locally play music stored on it to the connected DAC.

My Debian system is OpenMediaVault 5 on Intel Xeon E3-1268L and ASRock B85M-ITX. I have a Docker and Portainer installed.

I have created entire thread about making my server centralized audio player device playing music to locally connected DAC but looks like on OpenMediaVault forum there are no users familiar with audio stuff rather than OMV system stuff only. Mentioned thread is located here:

OMV Forum - Way to play and control music directly from server (webUI or remote controller) to the connected usb DAC

Please refer to it as there are a lot of stuff going on there, also resolved ones.

Right now I am at point where:
- iFi Zen Dac is recognized by system without problems,
- PulseAudio is disabled system wide,
- ALSA is installed,
- LogitechMediaServer is installed and running correctly in Docker/Portainer,
- Squeezelite is installed.

The main problem now is when I am trying to set my DAC as default output device in ALSA - after invoking the command bash hangs up and not doing anything until I press CTRL+Z (to interrupt an ongoing task), and after that, when command is invoked again - system tells that aplay: main:828: audio open error: Device or resource busy. Re-plugging the device and repeating the proces giving the same output. And it is repeatable for iFi and Lotoo.

I thought that maybe my devices are faulty or not supported at all by Linux system so I borrowed a RaspberryPi 3 B+ device, installed piCorePlayer 8.1.0 standard on it and I was able to configure it and play music without ANY problems using both DACs.

So it looks like my OMV system is messed up in some way and I am not able to fix it by myself.

Dear community, please advise :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back