Ifi Micro Black Label worth 100$ more than Magni 2/Modi 2??
Jul 4, 2017 at 6:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

His Lorship

New Head-Fier
Will be running:

ATH-990Z
Sennheiser HD6xx
Sennheiser gaming headsets (PC363, PC37X)
Grado GR10e

I was looking at the Modi 2 /Magni 2, but I wanted the optical input and the gain control, so I thought I'd go with the Uber on both.

Is the Ifi Black significantly better? I like the bass boost option and the "transportability".

On the other hand I could buy 2 sets of non uber Magni/Modi for the same price and have a set at work...

Has anyone upgraded to the black label from the magni/modi and noticed improvement?

Thanks!

Jul 4, 2017 at 10:19 PM Post #2 of 4
I'm a bit curious about this as well. I have heard that the manufacturer's amps very much have their own "house sound" though.

If you want transportable, have you thought about the Chord Mojo?

Jul 5, 2017 at 5:01 AM Post #3 of 4
I haven't heard the iFi Black, but I currently own the iFi Silver.

It is definitely warmer sounding than the Schiit stack. That being said, it is also much more flexible than the Schiit stack. The Bass Boost and 3d effect (sounds like a treble boost to my ears) means you can tailor the sound to your preference depending on the headphone you use. Throw in the fact that it's transportable, plays every format you'd ever need, and has a bunch of filters I haven't even mentioned yet, I'd recommend the iFi Black.

Jul 5, 2017 at 5:35 AM Post #4 of 4
Own the ifi Black Label and used the older version and definitely better value considering the portability and ifi pedigree.

More power, better connectivity and great DAC too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back