iFi iDAC & iUSBPower appreciation thread
May 12, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #31 of 63
May 17, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #32 of 63
I just bought an iUSB to use with the HRT Microstreamer DAC/HP amp combo device. AlI I can say is wow. The iUSB brings the Microstreamer's performance up a few notches and the improvements across the board are not subtle. This is a highly recommended upgrade for the Microstreamer.

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:45 PM Post #34 of 63
Man, I tried 2 iDac both of them dead. Both with my Mac and Windows 7 machines. All of my other dacs work fine. I changed USB cables, used straight to USB port  or thru a powered USB hub. On the Mac, never show up in Sound Pref pane, the light on the dac show it is powered up. On the Windows 7 computer, downloaded the driver from their website, but, the installer never sees dac, so, never completed the install. I had to return them. Bought a M2Tech hiFace DAC.

Nov 24, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #35 of 63
What's best: iDac or Meridian Explorer?

Dec 3, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #36 of 63
Are you using a single USB cable, or are you using now the new dual dongle USB cable they are advertising?  Do you know if that new dual cable could make a positive difference in the sound quality?  I ordered the iUSB unit and should be getting it later this week, but I did not order the new cables.  Thanks for your comments/advise

Dec 7, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #37 of 63
Hey guys, if anyone is interested in purchasing an iDAC check out my classified...

Feb 5, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #38 of 63

Thank you.

I am so much busy these days to do any impressions or reviews....

I just want to mention, that my DACPORT LX do benefit from the ifiusb...a lot!

i have the dacport LX, and i reviewed the iUSB when i was an inexperienced reviewer, now I'm looking to buy one once again for my LX 

May 12, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #39 of 63
I have the DACport LX and I'm very interested in knowing the improvements of using the iUSBPower. Can anyone post their impressions?

May 12, 2014 at 11:09 PM Post #40 of 63
I have the DACport LX and I'm very interested in knowing the improvements of using the iUSBPower. Can anyone post their impressions?

as far as I am concerned, it changed the lx to the better, the overall resolution becomes brighter and a slight more gain power. I'm rather happy with my purchase

Jun 4, 2014 at 2:43 AM Post #41 of 63
Hey Turok, check out what I got my hands on recently

By the way, how the heck you been you crazy Euro
beerchug.gif

Jun 5, 2014 at 5:24 AM Post #42 of 63
  Hey Turok, check out what I got my hands on recently

By the way, how the heck you been you crazy Euro
beerchug.gif

Congrats.
I am sure you're gonna enjoy them.
Waiting for your impressions, updates and photos.
Busy with my LOVE
biggrin.gif
...preparing...
popcorn.gif

Jan 20, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #45 of 63
My apologise for bumping up this old thread.

Have being using this combo for 1 year plus and there is something issue with me, when ever I started my computer, the iDAC will not be recognized as the default playback device on my comp, anyway to solve this issue? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back