ifI iCan Pro - Impressions & Discussion
Apr 4, 2022 at 5:15 PM Post #2,041 of 2,267
If a guy gets the iPower Elite (15v as mentioned earlier in the thread) and connects it to the iDSD Pro first, where do you get the "daisy chain" cable that goes from the output of the iDSD Pro to the iCAN Pro? In the picture on Amazon, it doesn't look like it comes with that cable by default...
It does not come with one , I resorted to amazon for small like 30cm - DC to DC cable as long as its 2.2x 5.5 mm

Apr 4, 2022 at 6:16 PM Post #2,043 of 2,267
Cool - thanks for the quick response. Any generic (but quality) will work then. Are you still liking your iPower Elite? General rule of thumb is iPower > iDSD Pro > iCAN Pro, correct?
mine was cheap not really sure what a higher quality wore would do in that scenario out with it meeting specs , i had my first elite into my idsd then had ican chained yeah , then i recently got a second for ican too noticing a bit of an improvement but more piece of mind haha for myself

Apr 5, 2022 at 2:21 PM Post #2,044 of 2,267
If a guy gets the iPower Elite (15v as mentioned earlier in the thread) and connects it to the iDSD Pro first, where do you get the "daisy chain" cable that goes from the output of the iDSD Pro to the iCAN Pro? In the picture on Amazon, it doesn't look like it comes with that cable by default...

That's because we don't normally reccomend folks daisy chain, even though you can.

Cool - thanks for the quick response. Any generic (but quality) will work then. Are you still liking your iPower Elite? General rule of thumb is iPower > iDSD Pro > iCAN Pro, correct?

Yes, that is correct for the general rule of thumb, however.

mine was cheap not really sure what a higher quality wore would do in that scenario out with it meeting specs , i had my first elite into my idsd then had ican chained yeah , then i recently got a second for ican too noticing a bit of an improvement but more piece of mind haha for myself

What kind of improvements did you notice on your end? Thanks for picking a second one up!

Apr 5, 2022 at 6:21 PM Post #2,045 of 2,267
That's because we don't normally reccomend folks daisy chain, even though you can.

Yes, that is correct for the general rule of thumb, however.

What kind of improvements did you notice on your end? Thanks for picking a second one up!
A tad more clearness more in the super micro detail , not always noticeable but rather have the better power supply from iFi plus they are so pretty haha and well made

Apr 5, 2022 at 9:49 PM Post #2,046 of 2,267
—Deleted double post—

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2022 at 9:50 PM Post #2,047 of 2,267
Just be careful both units are turned off and disconnected from power before you daisy chain them or else — sparky spark! Not fun. That was unnerving enough to convince me to power each unit separately.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2022 at 5:49 AM Post #2,048 of 2,267
A tad more clearness more in the super micro detail , not always noticeable but rather have the better power supply from iFi plus they are so pretty haha and well made

Thanks, these PSUs are built like tanks indeed! After several weeks you can unplug one and then see what happens. The odds are that all fairly small differences will grow a fair bit :wink:

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Apr 8, 2022 at 2:04 PM Post #2,049 of 2,267
Apr 10, 2022 at 1:15 AM Post #2,050 of 2,267
I replaced the Pro iCan's stock power by newly purchased iPower Elite. Unfortunately, the iPower Elite introduced background noise. This was how I tested the background noise: used 18db gain in iCan and turned volume to max (DAC was off), I could hear lots of noise introduced (the higher volume, the higher noise I heard). When I switch the Elite power adapter back to the stock one, my iCan became dead quite again. I think there are two possibilities here: Elite introduces noises due to Active noise cancelling mechanism (need to create negative phase noise to cancel positive phase noise) and/or due to that my power circuit does not have Ground. I don't have a ground from our power outlet: I use a 2-prong to 3-prong socket adapter to power my system. Anyway, Elite does not work in my case unfortunately.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2022 at 1:22 AM Post #2,053 of 2,267
I replaced the Pro iCan's stock power by newly purchased iPower Elite. Unfortunately, the iPower Elite introduced background noise. This was how I tested the background noise: used 18db gain in iCan and turned volume to max (DAC was off), I could hear lots of noise introduced (the higher volume, the higher noise floor). When I switch the Elite power adapter back to the stock one, my iCan became dead quite again. I think there are two possibilities here: Elite introduces noises due to Active noise cancelling mechanism (need to create negative phase noise to cancel positive phase noise) and/or due to that my power circuit does not have Ground. I don't have a ground from our power outlet: I use a 2-prong to 3-prong socket adapter to power my system. Anyway, Elite does not work in my case unfortunately.
I am in the same situation. I am very confuse.

Apr 30, 2022 at 3:33 AM Post #2,055 of 2,267
This makes me wondering if it would be a bad idea for me to upgrade to the Pro iCan/iDSD signature versions in the future.
Thanks for confirmation. So we are not alone. This makes me wondering if it would be a bad idea for me to upgrade to the Pro iCan/iDSD signature versions in the future.
What version of Pro iCan's stock power(without background noise) are you using?
The version is written on the power body.
Mine is V1.1 (bouthgt in 2017.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back