ifI iCan Pro - Impressions & Discussion
Feb 7, 2022 at 2:45 PM Post #2,026 of 2,267
It needs the 15V version.
To answer your question about differences - from what I remember, a blacker background, dynamics improved and it added a bit of punch to the menu, the most notable difference was on the SE output.

Feb 8, 2022 at 2:44 PM Post #2,027 of 2,267
It's been a long long night.....
New puppies at home..!!
received_1274563336364841.jpeg

Feb 14, 2022 at 9:28 PM Post #2,029 of 2,267
Hmm, I just realized that if I really want to drive something from speaker taps (HE6SE, Sus), I can use this as a pre. Fab! Gonna relocate my Luxman receiver tomorrow and play with that.

Feb 22, 2022 at 4:38 PM Post #2,031 of 2,267
Hello guys, I have a few questions..

After one week with the pro ican signature I notice a noise from the 4pin xlr output when the music stops/ pause.. especially in middle and high gain.. and with the volume knob above the one o clock.
So no dead silent background.
Can someone check his amp to tell if this happens..
Also the same but with different sounds over the 6.3 left output.
The only output that I don't here any noise is the 4.4 ...
Another thing that I don't understand is the difference between 4pin xlr and 4.4 output about the volume gain...why the 4pin xlr is louder..??
These two outputs are balanced they should not have the same intensity ..??
Where am I wrong..??

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2022 at 5:22 PM Post #2,032 of 2,267

After one week with the pro ican signature I notice a noise from the 4pin xlr output when the music stops/ pause.. especially in middle and high gain.. and with the volume knob above the one o clock.
Another thing that I don't understand is the difference between 4pin xlr and 4.4 output about the volume gain...
Where am I wrong..??
I have the older model (pre-Signature) and it is flat quiet out of 4-pin XLR and 1/4". Only use mid-gain for T60 Argon's and Hifiman HE6se V2's, but used them last week. I very rarely go past 1:00 though. If you bought it locally, could you take it back and compare it with other models?

Feb 22, 2022 at 6:34 PM Post #2,033 of 2,267

Another thing that I don't understand is the difference between 4pin xlr and 4.4 output about the volume gain...why the 4pin xlr is louder..??
Where am I wrong..??
The 4.4 probably has different gain to the XLR, given its more likely to be driving IEMs or portable/sensitive cans.

Feb 22, 2022 at 8:20 PM Post #2,034 of 2,267
The 4.4mm output on the Pro iCan Signature has IEMatch implemented, which explains the attenuation and absence of noisefloor.

XLR output is 'direct'. On my Pro iCan, A8000 inears plugged in the XLR output via an adapter, 0dB gain, perfect silence even at max volume.

Mar 22, 2022 at 7:31 PM Post #2,035 of 2,267
Short (but for me important) question, please. Is the output power from the 3-pin XLR ports (on the back) the same as iCan's power delivery from the balanced headphone port in front?

I couldn't find any information about that. The idea is to use my ab-1266tc on the preamp output (similar to what many people do with the Hugo2TT) but this of course only makes more sense if the power delivery is different.

Thanks!

Mar 22, 2022 at 7:48 PM Post #2,036 of 2,267
My Pro iCan Signature is up for sale in the classy ads. Who's ready for some solid tube action?

Mar 22, 2022 at 11:14 PM Post #2,037 of 2,267
Short (but for me important) question, please. Is the output power from the 3-pin XLR ports (on the back) the same as iCan's power delivery from the balanced headphone port in front?

I couldn't find any information about that. The idea is to use my ab-1266tc on the preamp output (similar to what many people do with the Hugo2TT) but this of course only makes more sense if the power delivery is different.

Thanks!
Not 100% sure but i’m pretty certain even if it were you’d lose any benefit of protection circuits which imo are pretty amazing on the ican , i’d test if i had a double female 3pin xlr to female xlr adapter

Mar 23, 2022 at 10:02 AM Post #2,039 of 2,267
Spring cleaning time for amps? :smile:
What are you getting instead?

Wasn't getting much interest on the mini so I thought i'd put both mini and iCan Sig up for sale and keep whichever doesn't sell.
They're both pretty fasntastic and could live with either one.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2022 at 5:05 PM Post #2,040 of 2,267
If a guy gets the iPower Elite (15v as mentioned earlier in the thread) and connects it to the iDSD Pro first, where do you get the "daisy chain" cable that goes from the output of the iDSD Pro to the iCAN Pro? In the picture on Amazon, it doesn't look like it comes with that cable by default...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back