ifI iCan Pro - Impressions & Discussion
Jan 19, 2016 at 11:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2,267

grizzlybeast

My name is grizzlybeast and I'm an audioholic.

iFi iCan Pro

http://ifi-audio.com/audio_blog/ican-pro-featured-on-enjoy-the-music/​
 ​

iCAN Pro

Here you go:

Key features are:
  • Balanced Output options on 3-Pin & 4-Pin XLR plus 6.3mm Jack on front panel.
  • Unbalanced outputs on 6.3mm Jack (direct) and two 3.5mm Jacks with built-in fixed iEMatch attenuation on front panel to drive IEMs etc. (same attenuation as in iDSD micro).
  • Balanced XLR & RCA outputs on back can carry Headphone out signal (for use as preamp or with Electrostatic Energiser) or loop through signal from inputs (for use with external pre-amp).
  • 1 pair of XLR Inputs and three pairs of RCA Inputs.
  • 20V maximum output, > 600mW into 600 Ohm headphones, appx 16,000mW maximum into 16 Ohm and appx. 6,000 mW continuous output into 16Ohm.
  • Three levels of gain selectable from Front Panel.
  • Balanced ALPS Volume control with remote control.
  • 3D Holographic® for Headphones and XBass® (each adjustable in 3-Levels + Off).
  • Class A operation for all stages up to 240mW/600 Ohm, circuitry derived from professional tube-based studio equipment, implemented in a hybrid design mixing J-Fets, Bipolar transistors and Mosfets (as in Micro iCAN).
  • Full Dual-Mono design including internal power supplies, supplied with 15V/4A Ultra Low Noise PSU (Generation 2 design as also the updated PSU for Micro).
  • Optional Electrostatic Headphone Energiser in separate Box will be introduced, 1,700V Peak-Peak maximum output, Bias selectable for Stax HiFi/Pro, Sennheiser and others, Output Levels selectable, 3 * Stax Pro & HiFi Sockets fitted.

Balanced Headphone Amplifier

PowerSource:
External DC 15V/4A
Inputs (Back):
1 x XLR True Balanced Stereo

3 x RCA Stereo
Output Front):
4-Pin XLR Headphone Balanced

Dual 3-Pin XLR Headphone Balanced

6.3mm Headphone x2, single ended or balanced

6.3mm to 3.5mm adapter included

3.5mm iEMatch attenuated x 2
Output (back):
XLR selectable Loop or HP Out

RCA selectable Loop or HP Out
Volume Control:
Motorised ALPS 6-Way potentiometer in unique extended range series/shunt operation

Analogue Processing:
X-Bass, +3dB at 80Hz, 160Hz, 320Hz 

3D Sound. 30/45/60 Degrees virtual Speaker angle
Gain:
0dB, 12dB and 24dB user-selectable
Signal to Noise Ratio:
>117dB(A)
Total Harmonic Distortion (THD):
<0.003%
Frequency Response:
0.5Hz to 500KHz(-3dB)
Output Power (16R cont):
> 6,000mW
Output Voltage (600R):
>20V (Balanced); > 10V (single ended)
Size:
220mm x 62mm X 190mm (W X H X D including feet and connectors)

Not only does it look sexy, and is feature rich but its powerful and with tubes at that. Loving the features. Hopefully it sounds great! Please share impressions here
popcorn.gif
 !

Jan 30, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #2 of 2,267
http://www.musicdirect.com/p-364754-ifi-pro-ican-headphone-amp.aspx

It looks like it is available for purchase here but I am not certain. I pm'd iFi about availablity etc and hope to hear back soon. 

Feb 7, 2016 at 4:45 AM Post #3 of 2,267
I think that the global launch will be at the Bristol HiFi Show in the UK on or around the 26th of February. Indeed looks like it will be joined by ewo other new product launches, which will be exciting........hopefully 

http://www.bristolshow.co.uk/news_detail.lasso?newsid=7311#.VrcRURiLRdg

Feb 12, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #4 of 2,267
Pretty cool.  Looking forward to the reviews.  I wished I hadn't splurged so much on amps over the past couple of months and just waited for this amp.  Any news on a pro DAC?  I am in the market for an upgrade over my current one.

Feb 12, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #5 of 2,267
  Pretty cool.  Looking forward to the reviews.  I wished I hadn't splurged so much on amps over the past couple of months and just waited for this amp.  Any news on a pro DAC?  I am in the market for an upgrade over my current one.

Just few words, about 'secrecy' in interview http://headpie.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/an-interview-with-ifi-audio-expatinjapan.html

Mar 22, 2016 at 10:43 PM Post #10 of 2,267
Hope to see some comparison with the Retro Stereo 50. Tubes, powerful output, price range quite close. One dedicated and the other's an all-in-one, of course. But if performance is close, it'd be a tough one choosing between them.

Mar 30, 2016 at 4:32 AM Post #12 of 2,267
I don't seem to see any mention of what tube is being used. Anyone knows or should I wait a whopping few more days before it launches?

Mar 30, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #13 of 2,267
Ouch I was very excited till I saw the price on Music Direct [$1695]

Mar 30, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #14 of 2,267
Ifi has decided to enter the big league. Well in head fi at least. Their AMR range is in already in hifi big league and it's another world altogether.

Apr 4, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #15 of 2,267
found the manual here https://drive.google.com/a/yahoo-inc.com/file/d/0B_JxnM2KPwG4UFg0RXFraDlnM1k/view

very curious what the "Connector for iFi Electrostatic Add-on Module" is....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back