ifi black label firmware talk and buying thoughts
Aug 4, 2017 at 4:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

MaxRobert

New Head-Fier
Hello!

I am interested in the Ifi black Label, I have a unit that I am testing and borrowing and have until Monday to decide. However, I am not too fond of the delayed playback issue which I have read has been corrected in the firmware 5.2B I believe.

Thing is that, bad luck as it is, Ifi decides to update their website for what 2 days now??? :frowning2: leaving me without the firmware update files. Would it be possible if someone could message me and perhaps send me the win_ifi_Xmos_v5.2b file?

If it could fix the issue I would definitely buy the Black Label, because I like the sound and power of it. Am using it as a desktop solution. (maybe not the best solution but... so hard to decide on these things, and I am on a budget)

And when I am on it, what would you guys recommend for a Desktop solution with DSD capabilities and great detail / soundstage dac and amp combo max 1000$ range?

Cheers and thankful for all the help i can get.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2017 at 8:02 PM Post #2 of 12
Hello!

I am interested in the Ifi black Label, I have a unit that I am testing and borrowing and have until Monday to decide. However, I am not too fond of the delayed playback issue which I have read has been corrected in the firmware 5.2B I believe.

Thing is that, bad luck as it is, Ifi decides to update their website for what 2 days now??? :frowning2: leaving me without the firmware update files. Would it be possible if someone could message me and perhaps send me the win_ifi_Xmos_v5.2b file?

If it could fix the issue I would definitely buy the Black Label, because I like the sound and power of it. Am using it as a desktop solution. (maybe not the best solution but... so hard to decide on these things, and I am on a budget)

And when I am on it, what would you guys recommend for a Desktop solution with DSD capabilities and great detail / soundstage dac and amp combo max 1000$ range?

I
Hello!

If you do buy it, Buydig is selling it on sale for 380$: https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/6rmwxm/buydig_is_running_ifi_idsd_bl_for_380_shipped/

Aug 4, 2017 at 8:38 PM Post #6 of 12
I am listening on it on my new Beyerdynamic Dt-1990 pro's . Sounds really nice. I must say for the price the BL is pretty solid. Better than the chord Mojo I listened to this afternoon.
I demoed the 1990 pro on the BL and the Mojo. The 1990s sounded great on both. On the Massdrop Mojo drop comment section, anyone saying what you said are getting some serious emotionally charged responses. LOL I agree with you, though. I also chose the BL over the mojo.

Aug 4, 2017 at 8:55 PM Post #7 of 12
I don't quite get the Hype around the Mojo, I do Like the colorful buttons though. None of my Audiophile friends are particularly impressed by the sound of it..

I better watch myself from stepping on them toes though. :wink:

Cheers mate!

Glad I found the firmware, am trying to listen to some Dsd files for the first time. Sounds nice.

Aug 5, 2017 at 6:52 PM Post #9 of 12
Look, I listened to some DSD today with Wagner and Tchaikovsky that I got from Native DSD and it sounded amazing. Maybe its my brain, or what ever, but the detail was incredible and really smooth listening. I hope people will start to appreciate the quality of hi res more in the future :)

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #10 of 12
Look, I listened to some DSD today with Wagner and Tchaikovsky that I got from Native DSD and it sounded amazing. Maybe its my brain, or what ever, but the detail was incredible and really smooth listening. I hope people will start to appreciate the quality of hi res more in the future :)
Nice. Any sites you can recommend for DSD music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back