iFi Audio ZenDAC
Oct 16, 2019 at 3:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ufospls2

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys!

I just received a package from iFi Audio, containing a loaner of the new, soon to be officially released, ZenDAC! So far, it strikes me as a really neat little bit of gear.

Here is a link to the product page

https://ifi-audio.com/products/zen-dac/

The ZenDAC is an all in one DAC/Amp combo unit. I think it retails at $129USD…..and that is pretty amazing. If I think about what was available when I got started with headphones 5 years ago for that price, this is leaps and bounds better.

I think for some people, especially those starting out, this is a great way to move away from a noisy motherboard audio out. The Fiio K5 Pro is another one to consider.

I haven’t had a lot of time with it so far, but it strikes me as a very competently designed little unit so far.

One thing that strikes me as kind of weird is that it doesn’t come with a power brick, but I suppose that is a way to save on costs and keep the price lower. The unit seems to run just fine from my laptops USB however.

I will report back with my full thoughts in a while, but so far so good :)

IMG_0503.jpeg
IMG_0504.jpeg
IMG_0505.jpeg
IMG_0507.jpeg

Oct 17, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #3 of 3
I admit to being curious about MQA on a DAC that can render it. I know it is bunk on one that can't. If it comes in at that price I will most likely find out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back