iFi Audio Pro iDSD discussion thread
Sep 23, 2021 at 5:38 PM Post #3,006 of 3,458
They look awesome imo. Really hoping I can get ears on them both eventually.
Honestly speaking I was hoping that this gold design was specifically for Russia/Asia markets and Europe would get something of more delicate touch. I highly dislike this new look but lets wait and see how those few changes will make both iDSD and iCan sound.

Sep 23, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #3,007 of 3,458
Honestly speaking I was hoping that this gold design was specifically for Russia/Asia markets and Europe would get something of more delicate touch. I highly dislike this new look but lets wait and see how those few changes will make both iDSD and iCan sound.

I would have liked the see them in the same dark blue as the Micro iDSD Signature, but I'm totally ok with this look as well.

Sep 23, 2021 at 6:19 PM Post #3,009 of 3,458
Man wish i could do a trade in to upgrade sad face
I am right there with you! I just received my iDSD yesterday. I definitely would've waited a couple of weeks to get the new version. I will wait for impressions or hopefully comparisons between old and new versions.

Sep 23, 2021 at 6:33 PM Post #3,010 of 3,458
I am right there with you! I just received my iDSD yesterday. I definitely would've waited a couple of weeks to get the new version. I will wait for impressions or hopefully comparisons between old and new versions.
mine are both 3 years old now see what i can do , need to pop stock tubes back in and see if i can trade somewhere lol

Sep 23, 2021 at 6:48 PM Post #3,011 of 3,458

Id email whoever you bought it from, and see if they can do something to help you out.

Sep 24, 2021 at 12:19 AM Post #3,013 of 3,458
What are the main functional differences between this new guy and the old good one?
Except the new remote control ?
Is it going to be Roon endpoint?
from what i see , better caps , better components , stronger power supply area the remote , and it comes with the elite psu which are really good and amazingly built

Sep 24, 2021 at 2:26 AM Post #3,014 of 3,458
from what i see , better caps , better components , stronger power supply area the remote , and it comes with the elite psu which are really good and amazingly built
Thanks.
However, I asked about functionality. The weak points of Pro Idsd are around network and streaming interfaces.
my question is-
Will the the new guy be Roon ready and support Tidal Connect ?

Sep 24, 2021 at 3:44 AM Post #3,015 of 3,458
Guys, MUZO again!!!!
I just read manual on web site. Please give us better solution for control music from USB/SDHC also on iDSD Pro which I owned. Again ALL files in one endless row.
I was hoping that STREAM-iFi Android app solve our problems but it seems that works only with ZEN Stream. We patiently wait for couple of years for software product from respectable company like iFi and we bought "future proofed product".
Future will give all the answers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back