iFi Audio iOne official thread - There can be only one!
Jun 3, 2023 at 6:35 AM Post #451 of 454
Using ione as usb ipurifier essentially. I have test it in the past. Special case but yes I want to keep it. If there is no LDAC upgrade for my case I do not want to upgrade.
How good was it as DDC? Does it clean any ISB noise since it has a galvanically isolated SPDIF without degrading the audio signal?

Jun 3, 2023 at 3:03 PM Post #452 of 454
How good was it as DDC? Does it clean any ISB noise since it has a galvanically isolated SPDIF without degrading the audio signal?
It was really good but I have not used it extensively as ipurifier because I like the dac of iOne very much and used the spdif as the input from the tv to the iOne and then RCA out to my amp.

But have in mind these improvements with ipurifiers are system dependent. If you have a very good clean system you may not notice a difference where in my set up is day and night. Dirty signal of a plasma TV. Currently I have the first version of spdif ipurifier which I love enormously and makes huge difference in my system as well. I cannot live without it.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2023 at 9:32 PM Post #453 of 454
It was really good but I have not used it extensively as ipurifier because I like the dac of iOne very much and used the spdif as the input from the tv to the iOne and then RCA out to my amp.

But have in mind these improvements with ipurifiers are system dependent. If you have a very good clean system you may not notice a difference where in my set up is day and night. Dirty signal of a plasma TV. Currently I have the first version of spdif ipurifier which I love enormously and makes huge difference in my system as well. I cannot live without it.
Thanks. Yes, it is system dependent. The issue is that once you use SPDIF for sending the signal to a DAC, the source (DDC in this case) becomes responsible for timing and needs to be of high calibre, something that I doubt for iOne.

Jun 4, 2023 at 12:56 AM Post #454 of 454
Thanks. Yes, it is system dependent. The issue is that once you use SPDIF for sending the signal to a DAC, the source (DDC in this case) becomes responsible for timing and needs to be of high calibre, something that I doubt for iOne.
If you need input from usb to spdif output in permanent basis please check my review for the ipurifier 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back