iFi Audio iGalvanic3.0 - The Holy Grail of Audio
Sep 25, 2019 at 9:39 AM Post #601 of 745
Oct 21, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #603 of 745
Did anyone end up figuring out what was causing the audio drop out issues?

For me the middle spot will drop out 10seconds to 3 minutes, the bottom maybe twice and long and the top sometimes after 5 minutes other times after an hour.

Once it starts to dropout it seems to do it more frequently.

I'm pulling my hair out over this, the unit fixes a noisy USB source but it's too unreliable to keep in the chain.

Thankyou

Oct 21, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #604 of 745
Try increasing latency in your dac driver or media player if possible.

Oct 21, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #606 of 745
Wow, that is a lot of latency. I was thinking you might need some but 8 seconds is very high. Have you tried decreasing it? Try around 500 msec. What dac do you use?

Oct 21, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #607 of 745
I read it as buffer so longer would help if it was a sync issue. I will try dropping it tonight.

Drop outs also occur in foobar if I'm not using wasapi.

Where would I find the windows latency settings for the Audio adaptor?

Dac is a gieseler klien 3 - amenero USB interface.

Oct 21, 2019 at 4:41 PM Post #608 of 745
I would look at the amenero driver. See if you are using their latest....and look at the driver settings.

Oct 22, 2019 at 4:24 AM Post #611 of 745
Thankyou, in contact with support but googling the galvanic and drop outs bring me here so hoping for a community fix.

Bit more testing tonight, if I plug my Kingston cloud hyperx USB headset into the galvanic no dropouts on any setting.

Has me wondering if the dac is drawing too much USB power for it and the ifi but that wouldn't explain why it breaks faster on one setting or another.

Any ideas?

Oct 22, 2019 at 4:56 AM Post #612 of 745
Has me wondering if the dac is drawing too much USB power for it and the ifi but that wouldn't explain why it breaks faster on one setting or another.

Any ideas?
Actually this can be the case. I might suggest adding a power supply. You could use an iDefender to add a power supply or use a USB splitter cable. Any USB power supply would do just to test the theory that it's a power issue. I use a spliter cable (Gemini) and an iPower 5V to feed my iGalvanic and I don't get any dropout issues with iDAC2, iDSD or ADI2-DAC.

Oct 22, 2019 at 7:18 AM Post #613 of 745
I agree that USB power might be the problem. I have my iGalvanic powered separately from my computer via a gemini cable.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2019 at 7:21 AM Post #614 of 745
I agree that USB power might be the problem. I have my iGalvanicic powered separately for my computer.
How have you achieved this? I have just tried to add a usb powered hub inbetween but I couldnt get it to play anything at all.

Maybe a fluke but I have just swapped my usb cables over so the curious regen link is between the desktop and the galvanic and im 6 songs in and no dropouts on the middle setting

Oct 22, 2019 at 7:24 AM Post #615 of 745
Check my amended post I use a Gemini cable and an old power supply I had laying around. If you got it to work that's great! In this business it's whatever gets you going. Everybody's system is different

Users who are viewing this thread

Back