iFi Audio iGalvanic3.0 - The Holy Grail of Audio
Aug 2, 2020 at 3:51 PM Post #662 of 745
Well, I now theoretically have 4 iGalvanic ports to choose from, IT WORKS. The Topping D30 is a new animal now..amazing. added depth and the low end extends.. love this product. I haven't tested out leaving both DACS powered on yet. Not sure if leaving both of them on would draw an excess of current through the iGalvanic, runs warm as is with just one on. So one at a time for now. Cool beans!!
2020-08-02 12.20.36.jpg

Aug 2, 2020 at 5:06 PM Post #663 of 745
Well, I now theoretically have 4 iGalvanic ports to choose from, IT WORKS. The Topping D30 is a new animal now..amazing. added depth and the low end extends.. love this product. I haven't tested out leaving both DACS powered on yet. Not sure if leaving both of them on would draw an excess of current through the iGalvanic, runs warm as is with just one on. So one at a time for now. Cool beans!!
2020-08-02 12.20.36.jpg
OK, that's not an adapter. That's a USB Hub!

As far as power draw is concerned, I suggest you plug into a USB 3.0 port on the computer (one with a blue or red tongue). Then you should be fine.

Oct 1, 2020 at 12:18 PM Post #664 of 745
Hi iFi Audio

I get clicks/pops if the ground link switch is in the middle position. Same problem (clicks/pops) if the switch is in the bottom position. No problem if the switch is in the top position.

Is the above indicative of no earth? Is it no earth on my notebook or no earth on my DAC?

Appreciate a reply so that I can try to add earth and use the ground link switch in the middle position which is optimal.

Thanks,
Leon

Oct 1, 2020 at 1:06 PM Post #665 of 745
Hi iFi Audio

I get clicks/pops if the ground link switch is in the middle position. Same problem (clicks/pops) if the switch is in the bottom position. No problem if the switch is in the top position.

Is the above indicative of no earth? Is it no earth on my notebook or no earth on my DAC?

Appreciate a reply so that I can try to add earth and use the ground link switch in the middle position which is optimal.

Thanks,
Leon
Let it bake in for a day, my clicking went away after some burn in,

Oct 1, 2020 at 2:33 PM Post #670 of 745
Hi iFi Audio

Thanks,
Leon
The optimal position of the switch is the one that works. It's different for different systems.

Oct 1, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #671 of 745
Thanks for pointing this out. I used to have this control panel app, but I had to do a reinstall of my system, and I decided not to re-install the supplied driver, since Windows 10 provided the same driver. However, this meant I not longer have this control panel app.

So I just installed the supplied driver, and got back this control panel app. I did not change the settings, left it at default, which is "Safe" and "Auto" for this tab you show here. Looks like the default settings of the control panel app actually changed the settings used by the Windows 10 supplied driver. Now I can put the ground link switch in the middle position with no pops/clicks!

Thanks JKDJedi for the nudge!

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2020 at 5:00 AM Post #672 of 745
4.jpg

By combing the USB regeneration circuitry with a low noise power supply, IsoGround and even despite lacking galvanic isolation, iFi's iUSB 3.0 micro offered a comprehensive solution to USB's main problems; ground loops, power quality and signal integrity.
That's it for now, but stay tuned, there's more!

Do you have measurements of iFi Galvanic vs Saec SUI-01SX?

Dec 18, 2020 at 12:04 PM Post #673 of 745
Do you have measurements of iFi Galvanic vs Saec SUI-01SX?

The Saec is an ancient device--released in 2011--which does not even support USB2.0 high-speed (480Mbps), only 12Mbps. Based on one of the many $2 full-speed isolator chips. So no comparison whatsoever to devices like the iFi iGalvanic--or our own ISO REGEN.:beyersmile:

Dec 18, 2020 at 12:22 PM Post #674 of 745
The Saec is an ancient device--released in 2011--which does not even support USB2.0 high-speed (480Mbps), only 12Mbps. Based on one of the many $2 full-speed isolator chips. So no comparison whatsoever to devices like the iFi iGalvanic--or our own ISO REGEN.:beyersmile:
The iFi Galvanic does a tremendous job for computer related usb issues. I cannot go without this unit now that I know what a true black background really is.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2020 at 1:19 PM Post #675 of 745

I don’t have personal experience with Saec, but their specs mention it is sufficient for up to 96 kHz quality, which is enough in most cases up to day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back