iFi Audio Hip-DAC2 Portable USB DAC & Headphone amp
Dec 13, 2021 at 3:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

sidpost

Head-Fier
I have been looking at this DAC & Amp as I prepare to run Premium Spotify from my Android phone. Perhaps my search was a bit weak but, other than the "Head Gear" reviews, I didn't find much on this unit which is the slightly improved and updated version of the original unit.

Spending over $200 isn't going to happen so, how does this unit compare to others in this price range? I am initially drawn to it for its form factor. I will be running mid-range headphones so, nothing super hard to drive or crazy. I listen to a wide range of music so, I need something that is a good generalist and not specific to a single style of music. I would like an 8-hour runtime at reasonable volume levels.

I would be receptive to recommended headphones to pair with a DAC/Amp like this. I'm shooting for something in the $100 range that is mid-size (not over the ear) so I maintain some situational awareness of the environment around me. Wireless Bose or similar headphones are a remote possibility so, I wonder about looking for a similar unit with Bluetooth capability.

TIA,
Sid

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back