iFi audio GO pod + IEMs = brilliant wireless sound on the GO!
Oct 1, 2023 at 1:07 PM Post #1,306 of 2,077
Must be software thing. Try updating to the latest fw, resetting to factory settings and testing again.
Yes, I'm also thinking of a software error.

I forgot to mention that my Go Pod was almost completely charged right out of the box.

The first time I experienced that issue was within my first hour of use.
I didn't pay much attention and decided to continue tomorrow.

The next day I have updated the firmware to the latest version using the Gaia App, but the phone call issue is still present.

So now I'm going to try to drain it completely out of power.
Perhaps it may help to get through the software bug.

Actually how to reset to the factory settings?

Oct 1, 2023 at 3:04 PM Post #1,308 of 2,077
Ok, O I think my issue might have been trying to run the thieaudio prestige, which are pretty oower hungry. Using My monarch mkii, it actually sounds great wirh azla sedna tips.

Anyone know if the nexis ifi app works wirh these or are we still waiting on ifi to get their app ready? @iFi audio

Oct 1, 2023 at 4:37 PM Post #1,309 of 2,077
So I'm an idiot. Downloaded the gaia app, updated the firmware. Seems better. Paired wirh monarch mkii and all is well in the world

Oct 1, 2023 at 6:00 PM Post #1,310 of 2,077
I am using the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra and I have had no issues with phone calls via WhatsApp or regular calls in the UK. I do not face any other issue, either. Stelar performance! Have you contacted iFi Audio customer service? It would be better if you'd open a ticket.
Well, I've just opened the ticket.
Let's see what the guys from iFi support team will say about it.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2023 at 6:18 PM Post #1,312 of 2,077
Low resistance (11) combined with low sensitivity (95), DD and EST - that may indeed confuse the go pod.
There's that too for sure. An all ba set or single de is probably the best pairing. Could all be in my head, bur it appears to sound better

Oct 1, 2023 at 10:03 PM Post #1,313 of 2,077
Crosspost from Watercooler Thread as it deserves to be here as well...

While some were on the Real CanJam, I felt like I was having my own one at home with a bunch of gear around. Good impressions everyone.

1696211604931.png

But, let's start cutting the grass outside and for that I got...

Breathing New Life into Classics with ifi GoPod: Empire Ears Legend X and 64 Audio A12t: A Wild and fun ride

We all know that the future is near. TWS are getting better, wireless protocols are getting better, but some of us still find ourselves holding tight into the nostalgia of our beloved wired IEMs, until the day the knife will finally fall on our cables. This is where the iFi GoPod Adapter enters the scene, promising to be the bridge between yesteryears' classics and today's wireless convenience. Pairing it with my 5-year-old treasures, the Empire Ears Legend X and 64 Audio A12t, was an old dream coming true. The GoBlu's versatility with those fancy replaceable connectors, including the tricky recessed 2pins, makes it the Swiss Army knife of adapters. While Fiio let me down with UTWS5 not having recessed 2-pins connectors…

Hold tight and let's have some fun with these classics and do some comparisons between GoPod and UTWS5 using FatFreq MSE.

Bass and Low Mids: Like the drums of the apocalypse

Kicking things off with Metallica's "Enter Sandman", the immediate sensation was the thunderous authority of the drums. The Empire Ears Legend X's natural prowess in bass rendition felt even more enhanced, capturing every drop and kick with strong energy. It was so good it felt like an elephant was kicking his feet on my side following the music. Transitioning into hip-hop with Kendrick Lamar's "HUMBLE.", the deep, rounded bass lines exemplified the seamless integration of the Legend X and the iFi GoPod, reproducing sub-bass rumble with agility and punch, bringing an smile like meeting that old good friend you haven't seen in some time.

On the other hand, the 64 Audio A12t, when fed with tracks like Five Finger Death Punch "Welcome To The Circus", produced a slightly tighter and more controlled bass, but still punchy like entering the fight club arena instead of a Circus. The double bass drums felt more nuanced, allowing for an intricate appreciation of the rhythm sections. The low mids, especially in hip-hop tracks like Nas' "N.Y. State of Mind", were clear, avoiding any sense of muddiness. The beats hit hard, and the vocals stood strong amidst the commanding bass.

IMG_0031.jpeg

Upper Mids and Treble: Crisp, Clear, and Soaring but not striking

Engaging the higher registers, Iron Maiden's "Hallowed Be Thy Name" served as a nice old school test. The Empire Ears Legend X presented Bruce Dickinson's vocals with a kind smooth clarity, soaring effortlessly above the guitars. The intricate riffs and solos were sharp, yet never piercing, revealing the iFi GoPod's ability to maintain balance across the frequency spectrum.

The 64 Audio A12t, always known for its mids-centric charm, glistened when paired with songs like Dream Theater's "Pull Me Under". James LaBrie's voice felt intimate, while the guitars and keyboards were presented with a crispness that breathed new life into this classic track. The soundstage feeling like I'm mid row mezzanine in an small theatre, intimate but spacious.

IMG_0036.jpeg

A Wild Side Quest: The Fiio UTWS5 & iFi GoPod starring FatFreq MSE

UTWS5 is like Machine Gun Kelly writing songs attacking the GOAT Eminem, just feels like trying too much to get everyone's attention. While Eminem (iFi GoPod), is just…"hold my beer…I have something to show this kid". The GoPod's is so much more refined and technical that feels like an sniper fighting a machine gun, one precise bullet to the heart.

Bass & Low Mids: UTWS5 vs GoPod With the UTWS5, bass felt like a friendly nudge. I had to pull Eminem's "Godzilla" as a great example of big and bold song, that really felt like Godzilla was having fun around my place. While UTWS5 was more prone to the neutral tone.

Upper Mids & Treble: lets give Machine Gun Kelly a chance and bring "Rap Devil" to the fight. UTWS5 sounded spicy and less detailed. GoPod sounded quite balanced with the low end balancing the "ticking" treble. (makes sense "Eminem" getting angry here.)

Final Thoughts: Classics Reimagined

The iFi GoPod Adapter has undoubtedly given my classic IEMs a fresh breath of life. With Empire Ears Legend X, the experience leaned more towards raw power and depth, right were makes it still be one of the best Bass IEMs from the Jurassic era still alive. In contrast, the 64 Audio A12t offered precision and clarity, especially in the mids.

When it comes to rediscovering and appreciating the classics, The iFi GoPod Adapter with the GoBlu outperformed like the seasoned guitarist who nails every solo, while the Fiio UTWS5, bless its heart, was the newbie trying to keep up. For those with a stash of classic IEMs collecting dust, the iFi GoPod might just be the saviour you've been waiting for.

ON a more serious note, GoPod sounds like a big improvement over the UTWS5, but it is still bluetooth and still feels like using hearing aid. But it's a clear example of path this technology is taking and just makes me seat patiently waiting for the big leap and disruptive release of real High-Res wireless audio (above 1.4mbs) to mainstream.

IMG_0037.jpeg

PS.: Just to point something that could be better…The caring/charging case, it is huge, but at the same time not deep enough my IEMs still hit the lid and force open sometimes.

Oct 2, 2023 at 1:57 AM Post #1,314 of 2,077

While some were on the Real CanJam, I felt like I was having my own one at home with a bunch of gear around. Good impressions everyone.

1696211604931.png

Breathing New Life into Classics with ifi GoPod: Empire Ears Legend X and 64 Audio A12t: A Wild and fun ride

We all know that the future is near. TWS are getting better, wireless protocols are getting better, but some of us still find ourselves holding tight into the nostalgia of our beloved wired IEMs, until the day the knife will finally fall on our cables. This is where the iFi GoPod Adapter enters the scene, promising to be the bridge between yesteryears' classics and today's wireless convenience. Pairing it with my 5-year-old treasures, the Empire Ears Legend X and 64 Audio A12t, was an old dream coming true. The GoBlu's versatility with those fancy replaceable connectors, including the tricky recessed 2pins, makes it the Swiss Army knife of adapters. While Fiio let me down with UTWS5 not having recessed 2-pins connectors…

Hold tight and let's have some fun with these classics and do some comparisons between GoPod and UTWS5 using FatFreq MSE.

Kicking things off with Metallica's "Enter Sandman", the immediate sensation was the thunderous authority of the drums. The Empire Ears Legend X's natural prowess in bass rendition felt even more enhanced, capturing every drop and kick with strong energy. It was so good it felt like an elephant was kicking his feet on my side following the music. Transitioning into hip-hop with Kendrick Lamar's "HUMBLE.", the deep, rounded bass lines exemplified the seamless integration of the Legend X and the iFi GoPod, reproducing sub-bass rumble with agility and punch, bringing an smile like meeting that old good friend you haven't seen in some time.

On the other hand, the 64 Audio A12t, when fed with tracks like Five Finger Death Punch "Welcome To The Circus", produced a slightly tighter and more controlled bass, but still punchy like entering the fight club arena instead of a Circus. The double bass drums felt more nuanced, allowing for an intricate appreciation of the rhythm sections. The low mids, especially in hip-hop tracks like Nas' "N.Y. State of Mind", were clear, avoiding any sense of muddiness. The beats hit hard, and the vocals stood strong amidst the commanding bass.

IMG_0031.jpeg

Engaging the higher registers, Iron Maiden's "Hallowed Be Thy Name" served as a nice old school test. The Empire Ears Legend X presented Bruce Dickinson's vocals with a kind smooth clarity, soaring effortlessly above the guitars. The intricate riffs and solos were sharp, yet never piercing, revealing the iFi GoPod's ability to maintain balance across the frequency spectrum.

The 64 Audio A12t, always known for its mids-centric charm, glistened when paired with songs like Dream Theater's "Pull Me Under". James LaBrie's voice felt intimate, while the guitars and keyboards were presented with a crispness that breathed new life into this classic track. The soundstage feeling like I'm mid row mezzanine in an small theatre, intimate but spacious.

IMG_0036.jpeg

UTWS5 is like Machine Gun Kelly writing songs attacking the GOAT Eminem, just feels like trying too much to get everyone's attention. While Eminem (iFi GoPod), is just…"hold my beer…I have something to show this kid". The GoPod's is so much more refined and technical that feels like an sniper fighting a machine gun, one precise bullet to the heart.

Bass & Low Mids: UTWS5 vs GoPod With the UTWS5, bass felt like a friendly nudge. I had to pull Eminem's "Godzilla" as a great example of big and bold song, that really felt like Godzilla was having fun around my place. While UTWS5 was more prone to the neutral tone.

Upper Mids & Treble: lets give Machine Gun Kelly a chance and bring "Rap Devil" to the fight. UTWS5 sounded spicy and less detailed. GoPod sounded quite balanced with the low end balancing the "ticking" treble. (makes sense "Eminem" getting angry here.)

The iFi GoPod Adapter has undoubtedly given my classic IEMs a fresh breath of life. With Empire Ears Legend X, the experience leaned more towards raw power and depth, right were makes it still be one of the best Bass IEMs from the Jurassic era still alive. In contrast, the 64 Audio A12t offered precision and clarity, especially in the mids.

When it comes to rediscovering and appreciating the classics, The iFi GoPod Adapter with the GoBlu outperformed like the seasoned guitarist who nails every solo, while the Fiio UTWS5, bless its heart, was the newbie trying to keep up. For those with a stash of classic IEMs collecting dust, the iFi GoPod might just be the saviour you've been waiting for.

ON a more serious note, GoPod sounds like a big improvement over the UTWS5, but it is still bluetooth and still feels like using hearing aid. But it's a clear example of path this technology is taking and just makes me seat patiently waiting for the big leap and disruptive release of real High-Res wireless audio (above 1.4mbs) to mainstream.

IMG_0037.jpeg

PS.: Just to point something that could be better…The caring/charging case, it is huge, but at the same time not deep enough my IEMs still hit the lid and force open sometimes.
I agree with your thoughts here on the differences between the UTWS5 and Go Pods. I also agree that the case needs to be deeper lol

I noticed that you have the FIR Xe6, have you tried it with the Go Pods? I have been using the Legend X + Go Pods as my daily and know the Xe6 is my next IEM. Not sure how it'll perform with the Go Pods though compared to a wire + DAP

Oct 2, 2023 at 4:32 AM Post #1,315 of 2,077
I agree with your thoughts here on the differences between the UTWS5 and Go Pods. I also agree that the case needs to be deeper lol

I noticed that you have the FIR Xe6, have you tried it with the Go Pods? I have been using the Legend X + Go Pods as my daily and know the Xe6 is my next IEM. Not sure how it'll perform with the Go Pods though compared to a wire + DAP
now that you asked I went to have a listen on it. Xe6 sounds great depending on the music you put it. But as I imagined, this is still Bluetooth still not crazy resolution and Xe6 needs resolution to balance the elevated lower mids. It sounds a bit like other TWS like Sony's, but not a 3k$ Xe6 sound.

Taming the expectations, I would leave LX on Go Pod and get Xe6 for that relaxed, end of the day, a good chair and glass of wine listening. :p

Oct 3, 2023 at 2:45 AM Post #1,316 of 2,077
now that you asked I went to have a listen on it. Xe6 sounds great depending on the music you put it. But as I imagined, this is still Bluetooth still not crazy resolution and Xe6 needs resolution to balance the elevated lower mids. It sounds a bit like other TWS like Sony's, but not a 3k$ Xe6 sound.

Taming the expectations, I would leave LX on Go Pod and get Xe6 for that relaxed, end of the day, a good chair and glass of wine listening. :p
Appreciate it, thank you!

Oct 4, 2023 at 9:08 AM Post #1,317 of 2,077

1696211604931.png

IMG_0031.jpeg

IMG_0036.jpeg

IMG_0037.jpeg

Thanks so much for posting your impressions here. Very thoughtful and enjoyable to read. I am going to point this out to the folks above me for a look.

We appreciate the report and the support!

Cheers!!

Bubba

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Oct 4, 2023 at 11:20 AM Post #1,318 of 2,077
So, a bite on the new firmware. It had made three Bt connection less stable and phone calls sound terrible. The voices sound like robots. I used ro be able to walk across the gym and jot lose connection and now, half the distance it is unlisteable and jittery. @ifiplease fix this

Oct 4, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #1,319 of 2,077
So, a bite on the new firmware. It had made three Bt connection less stable and phone calls sound terrible. The voices sound like robots. I used ro be able to walk across the gym and jot lose connection and now, half the distance it is unlisteable and jittery. @ifiplease fix this
Please tell us what devices your Go Pods are connected with via Bluetooth. That would be helpful to see if the rest of the folks have the same issue if they are using the same devices. My Go Pods are connected to a Sony WM1AM2 and I have not experienced any negative changes to the BT connection since the recent firmware update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back