iFi audio GO pod + IEMs = brilliant wireless sound on the GO!
Jun 17, 2023 at 3:04 PM Post #556 of 2,077
My personal opinion: Judging from iFi Audio's attitude you can expect version 1 of the App to arrive after 6 to 8 months from today.
PS: By "iFi attitude" I am not referring to the very helpful @Mr BubbaHyde
So in 2024. Lol. During this summer would be better. They have been working on it for like 2 months.

Jun 17, 2023 at 4:34 PM Post #557 of 2,077
So in 2024. Lol. During this summer would be better. They have been working on it for like 2 months.
At this point it is just speculation.

While I am less than pleased about the lack of an app, in reality the lack of an app hasn't really impacted me at all. It is more about what else could we do with an app as we are now accustomed to additional capabilities in TWS. But it really doesn't impact day to day usage.

Jun 17, 2023 at 5:24 PM Post #558 of 2,077
At this point it is just speculation.

While I am less than pleased about the lack of an app, in reality the lack of an app hasn't really impacted me at all. It is more about what else could we do with an app as we are now accustomed to additional capabilities in TWS. But it really doesn't impact day to day usage.
I know. As we talk about the app a lot Ifi might does something to make it happen sooner. :)
I only need the app because of the CA Ara. I could not really use the EQ (apart from the factory sets) with utws5 either since the device is not capable of remembering the pre set EQ settings.

Jun 17, 2023 at 6:04 PM Post #559 of 2,077
I know. As we talk about the app a lot Ifi might does something to make it happen sooner. :)
I only need the app because of the CA Ara. I could not really use the EQ (apart from the factory sets) with utws5 either since the device is not capable of remembering the pre set EQ settings.
If you are an Android user, you should consider the free Wavelet app for EQ. It “remembers” the EQ settings under certain circumstances (for example if you set a custom EQ profile, or select one from the library, and use it with the Go Pods it will recognize the Go Pods the next time connected. But it won’t know if you have changed the IEMs you are using with the Go Pods, and you will need to create or select a new EQ profile.

Jun 18, 2023 at 12:47 AM Post #560 of 2,077
If they started development of the app 2 months ago and finished by summer, that would be insanely quick development time. Takes a long time to make a good app

Jun 18, 2023 at 1:14 AM Post #561 of 2,077
I don't have a problem being an early adopter but what makes me especially salty about these is the price. These are not four times better than the fiio offering, but yet they are four times the price at $400. And the things that have been discussed such as the chintzy oversized case, lack of an app and an overall unrefined experience, is a bit insulting at this price point in this category. They can charge it because there really is no competition. But it's why I'm a little more critical of this product with its flaws. If it was 200 bucks then I think I'd be a little more gracious but at 400 it's clearly a money grab that they put not enough effort into.
Your points are valid. Not to really defend the pricing since $400 is a lot to ask, but most equipment in this hobby has a lot of diminishing return. Like a $1k IEM is not 3-4x times better than a $300 IEM or whatever, but the kilobuck IEM is probably better which is what justifies the price. The Go Pod is better sounding than the UTWS5 which is what really justifies the price. For me, I can't fit my custom IEMs in the UTWS5 because the 2-pin version doesn't support recessed 2-pin and my IEMs won't fit with a MMCX + 2pin adapter. So my only option is the Go Pod and despite its unnecessarily big case, it still barely fits. Maybe FiiO will add recessed 2-pin with the UTWS15 or maybe a slightly bigger case with the UTWS7 if that happens.

Generally speaking, connection and controls are pretty good in my experience with the Go Pod (I get little small issues here and there). In terms of sound, when I use my IEM + Go Pods, I don't really have a urge to use my IEM + wire + DAP because it sounds good enough and I can dance without the added weight which is a big positive for me. I do have issues with my Go Pod case and I think the UTWS5 case is better built. My hinge squeaks and is actually kind of loose since I can turn the top a little bit. The case design doesn't look that great imo and is awkward to pick up due to the angled front.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2023 at 5:44 AM Post #562 of 2,077
If you are an Android user, you should consider the free Wavelet app for EQ. It “remembers” the EQ settings under certain circumstances (for example if you set a custom EQ profile, or select one from the library, and use it with the Go Pods it will recognize the Go Pods the next time connected. But it won’t know if you have changed the IEMs you are using with the Go Pods, and you will need to create or select a new EQ profile.
Thank you, but I always use Tidal and I as I read not possible to use any EQ program parallel with it. Is this possible somehow?

Jun 18, 2023 at 6:49 AM Post #563 of 2,077
Takes a long time to make a good app

That is true and we're considering an app that would cover several our products, not just GO blu. It remains to be seen whether that will happen or not, but we shall keep everyone updated as soon as we have any info on the subject. Thanks!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Jun 18, 2023 at 7:06 AM Post #565 of 2,077
Thank you, but I always use Tidal and I as I read not possible to use any EQ program parallel with it. Is this possible somehow?
MQA will not EQ, that is true. FWIW, MQA has the potential to go away given the company behind it is in bankruptcy.

Jun 18, 2023 at 8:03 AM Post #566 of 2,077
Hopefully sooner than later. :)
That is true and we're considering an app that would cover several [of] our products, not just GO blu. It remains to be seen whether that will happen or not, but we shall keep everyone updated as soon as we have any info on the subject. Thanks!
I reconsider my initial estimation. Expect, please, to see this new App after 14 to 18 months from today.

I just wish we knew when the GO Pod will become available as a standalone product in the UK(*).
I also sincerely wish that the firmware team is independent from the App Development team, so that we can have firmware updates more often, if required.
I also wish that we won't have a need for firmware updates.
I wish that iFi Audio will succeed in its initial planning: to take the GO Pod out of its case and it to function flawlessly.

(*) FiiO is failing so hard... They've just released a new firmware, supporting LDAC on the UTWS5 and it is buggy as Hell.......

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2023 at 8:54 AM Post #569 of 2,077
It's the same QCC5141, why would it be any better here?
On the first post it says: Qualcomm’s top-tier QCC5144 module. Are these the same as the QCC5141 that the UTWS5 is using? Just asking because I do not know, okay?
IF they are approx. the same, does this mean that LDAC will have the same issues as the UTWS5 has?

The people here have reported just connection issues. No sound quality issues, they are all praising the sound quality of the GO Pods.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2023 at 9:22 AM Post #570 of 2,077
I'm kind of hoping that there is no app from iFi-Audio
It will just give people something else to complain about if their exact needs are not met within an app. I don't mean that in a bad way but part of the beauty of the Go Pods is their very simple plug and play.

The issue of price and competition is a bit mute for me. Its almost unfair to compare to bluetooth dacs such as the BTR7 etc as they are a different product set in regards to being able to connect to headphones.
In addition diminishing returns also factors here, these don't have to be 4 times better than the equivalent Fiio offering, same applies to my £3000 earphones compared to my £1000 earphones, they are better, way better but maybe by only 20-30% not 200%

I'm still one of the lucky ones it seems, I had a few hours of connection issues but nothing else in almost 6 weeks of daily use

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back