IFA2005 Berlin report by Norbert Lehmann
Sep 7, 2005 at 2:28 PM Post #2 of 11
Excellent report, thank you! It's nice to see pics of the refreshed Beyer line - but where is the DT770?
wink.gif

Thanks for clearing up the Orpheus question, I'm glad you asked directly there, and got the below answer-

"Sennheiser also had an Orpheus in the High End cabin with two headphones connected. This was a pleasure for ears and eyes. Guenter Hitz explained that Sennheiser is not allowed to produce these products because they promised the strict limitation to a production number of 300 units worldwide to their original customers. As a consequence the complete Orpheus setups are most wanted (and paid for) on the used market."

Of course those owners of the 300 units might not know about Jan's efforts on the side to get us lucky head-fiers just a few more
cool.gif

Sep 7, 2005 at 3:17 PM Post #4 of 11
K1000 is discontinued? sad......

Thanks for the write up and the pics.

Sep 8, 2005 at 10:13 AM Post #6 of 11
No any HE60/HEV70 ???

Best!
Nicola

Sep 9, 2005 at 12:21 AM Post #8 of 11
The Sennheiser DJ is using the HD25-1! I still love mine! I really like the new Beyer 'phones too, and that K601 looks sharp as well. One day I may hear that elusive Orpheus!
orphsmile.gif

Sep 11, 2005 at 8:22 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
Excellent report, thank you! It's nice to see pics of the refreshed Beyer line - but where is the DT770?
wink.gif

Thanks for clearing up the Orpheus question, I'm glad you asked directly there, and got the below answer-

"Sennheiser also had an Orpheus in the High End cabin with two headphones connected. This was a pleasure for ears and eyes. Guenter Hitz explained that Sennheiser is not allowed to produce these products because they promised the strict limitation to a production number of 300 units worldwide to their original customers. As a consequence the complete Orpheus setups are most wanted (and paid for) on the used market."

Of course those owners of the 300 units might not know about Jan's efforts on the side to get us lucky head-fiers just a few more
cool.gif

Note that the 300 were complete sets, the units that Jan was able to procure were only the HE90 headphones, not the HE90 and HEV90 set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back