If you're not a legend online, you're not doing it right.
May 26, 2022 at 3:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Trihexagonal

Headphoneus Supremus
Have you ever met anyone famous online? Or are you famous? Done something you should be remembered for but your PR Dept is less than fabulous?

Maybe the spotlight is too bright, or maybe you're like me and don't see yourself as a role mode. Not to worry.

Everyone who is famous has fame, but not everyone who is famous has infamy. And when you're famous for your infamy, you're notorious. Now that's the stuff of legend, although you may break some people's hearts during the transition. That's show biz, kid.

Not everyone is destined for greatness., but don't take that as the final word on the subject. You have to take the wheel and become author of your own story. That's how legends are born.

They are created and passed down by word of mouth, or fingertips in this case. This is your chance to tell your tale and maybe... Just maybe... We'll be entertained, we will tell the tale.

It's just that easy and it not going to cost you anything. Only your pride, at times, Any shame you possess should be deposited in that 24 karat gold box to your right as you exit the building. It will be dead weight and only hamper you in your journey henceforth.

And allow the spirit of Uncle P.T. Barnum to be your guide to the stars, as you sell yourself to crowds of people who have heard it dozens of times. The only bad PR is no PR and they can't help but remember you.

Now, there's no guarantee the story will go as planned, and they never do, but it's your ability to pick yourself up gracefully and take it in the direction you choose from that point on that will be remembered.

Take authorship of your own story and become one here, right here, right now by telling tales of brave Ulysses, how your naked ears were tortured, by the sirens sweetly singing.

No, that's not right. But that's the right way to do it.

Now I know you're thinking. "Trihexagonal, how do you know all this and why are you telling us now".

Because although I'm still in the process of writing mine I know how it ends, this is bridging the gap. This is not the end of my story, only the end of this post and the story comes together later, In our next exciting chapter I'll tell you how I came by this secret many moons ago and the path it set me on.

And it gives you the chance to tell us your story. Any story that relates to your existence online is fine and you are writer, editor and publisher of that story.

Last edited:
May 27, 2022 at 9:22 PM Post #2 of 9
I actually saw the famous YouTubers Simon and Martina in 2014 when I visited Korea.

They were the most famous Canadian YouTubers doing Korean food videos at the time.

I was too shy to say hello so I said nothing. I was star struck. They were gorgeous and handsome. So I just let them alone.

May 29, 2022 at 6:47 PM Post #4 of 9
In 1998-1999 I wanted to learn to write XHTML and CSS so got an account at GeoCities, where everyone was a webmaster. It' was about Space Weather so I frequented the boards there that had subforums about UFO's and such.

One day I saw this guy picking on Don Garlits and giving him a hard time.. Big Daddy Don Garelits,

Big_Daddy.jpg

rails.png

Father of Drag Racing and childhood Hero of my youth.

Uh-oh...

Big Daddy could have run a rail up his rectum at 200 MPH from a quarter mile away, but this guy was running rings around him. That wasn't Don's area of expertise.

It was mine. In the 70's I was trained by the Missouri Dept of Mental Health in Behavior Modification, or induction of psychological pain through verbal technique for inappropriate behavior in what was the final years of a dark era in the Mental Health Field.

In 1982 it was redetermined to be abuse and the use of it banned in any State facility. If I had used one of my verbal techniques on a client in the same facility I was trained in the day after it was banned I would have been charged with abuse, fired, blackballed and never worked in the Field again.

Well, we weren't in a State Facility, my verbal techniques translate into text very well and I answered to no one.

So I took up for Don, showed this low level troll what it felt like to be picked on by someone who was truly strong, came to the rescue of Big Daddy and saved my childhood Hero.

We talked quite a bit after that and he showed me the website about his early years he had professionally made. But Big Daddy had a website at GeoCities too. He had a site about UFO's, aliens and was a firm believer that the Moon was hollow. I was very respectful when I finally dared to ask if he wasn't concerned what non-believers might think if they knew.

He said "I'm Big Daddy Don Garlets. I'm famous and I don't give a damn what they think."

That had been my first day on the job as an Agent of Chaos and I had found a way to use skills that otherwise only brought pan and misery and made me a horrible person.

There was no shortage of online would-be tough guys in need of a lesson in pain and chat where i was in my element. I could practice my impressions, entertain nice people with tall tales in my down time and it was too late for pedophiles who posed as Priests to start praying now, because the Devil had been patiently waiting for them to arrive and that slightly dumb, naive 15 year old girl a couple of them wanted to get in a seat between them on a plane trip to Pedo Paradise was me and they wouldn't realize they were already in in Hell till the second act that afternoon when I returned as her older sister with tales of keyloggers and a Father intent on calling the FBI.

Most frequently asked question: What's a keylogger?​

Last edited:
May 31, 2022 at 7:53 AM Post #5 of 9
Not everyone is destined for greatness., but don't take that as the final word on the subject. You have to take the wheel and become author of your own story. That's how legends are born.

“The wise man knows that it is better to sit on the banks of a remote mountain stream than to be emperor of the whole world.” “Happiness is the abscence of the striving for happiness.” :thinking:
Zhuang Zhou.

May 31, 2022 at 12:32 PM Post #6 of 9
“The wise man knows that it is better to sit on the banks of a remote mountain stream than to be emperor of the whole world.” “Happiness is the abscence of the striving for happiness.” :thinking:
Zhuang Zhou.
"Nothing is what I want" - Frank Zappa

If you would have provided previously posted photos of your audiophile rig that embody your wise man wisdom to show you practice what someone else preached, I would not have been impressed, but would have silently nodded my head in approval. Or you're not doing it right:

nothingness.png

And this is how it goes, time after time, and is part of the package that comes with it.. Some young gun steps up to make a name for themselves and gain fame as the one who shot me down with a potshot from the peanut gallery..

Take it, Alice...

You can close this now if you think it best. I'll shoot them down every time.

May 31, 2022 at 12:41 PM Post #7 of 9
"Nothing is what I want" - Frank Zappa

If you would have provided previously posted photos of your audiophile rig that embody your wise man wisdom to show you practice what someone else preached, I would not have been impressed, but would have silently nodded my head in approval. Or you're not doing it right:

And this is how it goes, time after time, and is part of the package that comes with it.. Some young gun steps up to make a name for themselves and gain fame as the one who shot me down with a potshot from the peanut gallery..

Take it, Alice...

You can close this now if you think it best. I'll shoot them down every time.

Not trying to 'shoot you down', it's just people define greatness in different ways, and your post reminded me of a book I read.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2022 at 6:41 AM Post #9 of 9
t's just people define greatness in different ways, and your post reminded me of a book I read.
You defined legend as greatness. I never used that word.

This should level me up/down, however you define it, from Infamy to Notoriety.

On 5-30-22 I advised FreeBSD forums Admin the FreeBSD forums no longer represented my values, the Community not the same one I joined in 2012, that I wanted to disassociate myself and my work from it and part company permanently. That if he would be so kind as to delete the two tutorials I had posted there which are my original material, I would disappear with them and there would be no further interaction between us.

Instead, my Account was deleted and my tutorials remained listed as posted by Deleted Member with no credit to me as Author, against my expressed desires and unauthorized to be posted there, which constitutes Copyright Infringement. I filed two complaints with Google on 6-1-22, one for each tutorial, who saw them as valid complaints and were posted to the Lumen Copyright Infringement Notice database by Google on 6-2-22.

https://www.lumendatabase.org/notices/27708765#

So it's me against the FreeBSD Foundation and FreeBSD Project.

That's the kind of thing someone else called awesome earlier in this chapter.

But none of you are reading the book, you're only getting access to a couple chapters of the story and judging it on that.
I didn't write it, but know how it ends and the symmetry of it is what I would define as awesome.

Because it's not the Rise of Roman Empire they wrote about, it was the Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back