If You're Going to San Francisco Be Sure to Wear Some Flowers in Your Hair
Jun 11, 2008 at 9:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18
If you're going to San Francisco
Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair
If you're going to San Francisco
You're gonna meet some gentle people there

Were your parents or even you in San Francisco during the Summer of Love '67?

When I'm going to San Francisco nowdays should I still wear some flowers in my hair?
Does it still count? Am I too late? It's been only 41 years ago.
Perhaps better later than never?

60sHippiesConcert-th.jpg

hippies.jpg

hippies.jpg

20060628-Hippies.jpg

Scott Mckenzie or San Francisco or ... (Be sure to adjust the volume)

By the way, The Bee Gees responded with Massachusetts

eek.gif
wink.gif
rolleyes.gif
cool.gif
eek.gif

Jun 11, 2008 at 10:41 PM Post #2 of 18
I dont normally post in your threads, but I need to tell you something:

Please stop making stupid threads to get your post count up! You have made what, 6 threads about beer, rum, gin, etc in the last 2 months, all of which asked basically the same question; and could have been combined into one nice "beer-fi" thread. Then there was the one about "absolute geography"; not to mention this beauty:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f11/pl...idding-321311/

Jun 11, 2008 at 10:52 PM Post #3 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by jgonino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont normally post in your threads, but I need to tell you something:

Please stop making stupid threads to get your post count up! You have made what, 6 threads about beer, rum, gin, etc in the last 2 months, all of which asked basically the same question; and could have been combined into one nice "beer-fi" thread. Then there was the one about "absolute geography"; not to mention this beauty:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f11/pl...idding-321311/

Well, I don't think there's a specific rule prohibiting these types of threads, the member's lounge has been full of them for a while now. Yeah, the number of spam threads/posts gets on my nerves too, but which other sub-forum should they be in?

confused.gif

EK

Jun 11, 2008 at 11:07 PM Post #4 of 18
I don't know exactly why, but this thread both annoys and angers me. I think it's because I feel an air of disdain and discrimination from the OP concerning the recent gay marriage laws that have been passed here in California.

Jun 11, 2008 at 11:23 PM Post #5 of 18
I wear flowers in my hair even when I'm not in SF.

What?

Jun 12, 2008 at 2:00 AM Post #9 of 18
I presume that all the rest of adamcalifornia's other 1,149 posts are as pointless and useless as this one.

Get a life.

Jun 12, 2008 at 2:15 AM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Budgie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I presume that all the rest of adamcalifornia's other 1,149 posts are as pointless and useless as this one.

Get a life.

I think you're missing how exquisite they are in their odd uselessness. adamcalifornia is almost a Patrick lite, but when Patrick posts something strange, he does so with a wink-wink intentionality, as though he is keenly aware of what makes his saga so great. adamcalifornia is burdened with none of that.

Jun 12, 2008 at 2:35 AM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by evilking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, the number of spam threads/posts gets on my nerves too, but which other sub-forum should they be in?

They shouldn't exist at ALL and I dearly wish the Moderators would delete them as they are found.

Jun 12, 2008 at 12:04 PM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superpredator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you're missing how exquisite they are in their odd uselessness. adamcalifornia is almost a Patrick lite, but when Patrick posts something strange, he does so with a wink-wink intentionality, as though he is keenly aware of what makes his saga so great. adamcalifornia is burdened with none of that.

I think this nails it. I find his threads to be mostly silly/useless, but occasionally thought provoking. (I think about weird stuff sometimes.)

I really don't see why people get so agitated about them. It's not like he's the only person on these forums to post useless stuff. If you don't like his posts, then just ignore them and move on. Easy enough to do, right?

Jun 12, 2008 at 2:42 PM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by beerguy0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think this nails it. I find his threads to be mostly silly/useless, but occasionally thought provoking. (I think about weird stuff sometimes.)

I really don't see why people get so agitated about them. It's not like he's the only person on these forums to post useless stuff. If you don't like his posts, then just ignore them and move on. Easy enough to do, right?

And normally I do that, but good god man theres only some much a man can take!

Jun 12, 2008 at 2:57 PM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by beerguy0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well, let me clarify. I don't recall finding any of his posts thought-provoking. They're more like watching a clown car explode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back