If your headphone was a speaker...
Jul 28, 2010 at 1:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

tdockweiler

Headphoneus Supremus
What would it be? I know that both don't sound the same, but some of them have have similarities in the sound signature.

My Infinity P362 floor standing speakers seems to have my preferred sound signature. Overall they're pretty boring, but they don't seem to do too much of any on thing. They never try to impress me. I also have a matching center speaker to go with them. For the money, they're very good speakers. I think they remind me of the HD-600. Both are very "polite" speakers headphones if you know what I mean. They're just not the type of speakers to "wow" anyone, but they do sound great!

I had some Axiom floorstanding speakers and I think these reminded me of the Grado 325i! I guess it's because I couldn't stand either of them. Both were so excessively bright! After trying the Axioms I told myself I would never again pay that much for speakers. No wonder I'm now stuck with headphones. I should have went with some B&W speakers instead.

My JBL Northridge speakers might be similar to the Beyer Dynamic DT-880's sound signature, but not quite as bright. The Northridge tower speakers I always loved. They were such a good value.

I once had this (wait, I still do) Infinity TSS-Center 4000 speaker I bought for a few hundred. I got so attached to this tiny thing and was so impressed with the amount of detail and clarity this thing could push out. It's so small but weighs a TON. It has very little bass, but that's what my subwoofer is for. To me it reminds me of my Koss DJ100s just because of how much I like both of them and the amount of detail they provide. It's hard to believe this speaker is still being sold after all these years. It looks like one of those surround sound bars, but it's not.

Believe it or not my desktop speakers are some $30 JBLs. I don't listen to music on them, just some dings and dongs from Windows and some video clips. For music though they're not half bad for the price! These would be the RE0! Not as bad as it sounds!

Jul 28, 2010 at 2:39 AM Post #2 of 3
Interesting you compare the DT 880's to your JBL's.  I'm not all that familiar with JBL's in general, I just remember my dad's were a little boomy for me.

I actually think the DT 880's are a lot like my Canton GLE's.  Crisp and clear with little coloring.

Jul 28, 2010 at 4:53 AM Post #3 of 3
Final Sound 1000i
* Fully open design
* Sparkling top end
* Beautiful midrange
* Large soundstage
* Rolled off bass

Users who are viewing this thread

Back