If your current DAP broke down, what brand would you choose?
Dec 19, 2007 at 7:12 AM Post #16 of 27
if my touch broke, i would not replace with anything but touch, but if my shuffle broke down, id probably go for a sony a series with 2gb memory

Quote:

Originally Posted by sigsegv0x0B /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Btw the new Zen (the square one) has the Sigmatel 3700 chipset. So if creative didn't fsck it up it might have same (or very close) sound to the iPod shuffle 1st gen.

the chipset or dac can be as good as norwegian bread, but if you do not have a good output stage, it will sound like shyte. what matters is where the signal finally leaves the player, unless you have linout which most players do not.

Dec 19, 2007 at 9:04 AM Post #18 of 27
So it's between Sony, Apple and Cowon then? Interesting,
Never thought that sony would be in the lead
wink.gif

But it's close though....

Dec 19, 2007 at 9:11 AM Post #19 of 27
I'd love an excuse (and the cash) to get a Cowon iAudio X5L or Q5W!

Dec 19, 2007 at 10:28 AM Post #20 of 27
im drunk and i voted cowon by accident :O
i'd probably get a sony if my two players broke down. I loved the sound quality of it, but i needed the money more so i bought some xmas gifts when i returned it.

Dec 19, 2007 at 1:03 PM Post #21 of 27
I'm actually surprised that Cowon is doing this well in the poll since there are hardly any stores that carry them...The average person has never even heard of Cowon, that makes it kinda nice though..
Where is with Sony and ipods you can buy them in just about any electronic stores..even Walmart.

Dec 19, 2007 at 1:17 PM Post #22 of 27
well, that's true.

Although the Cowon's are fairly easy to get here in The Netherlands, which surprised me too....

But Sony hasn't been very popular for DAP's since the Discman, so it really surprised me and made me smile to see that sony was taking the lead. I think this is most probably due to the perfect NW-HD5 series and the late NWZ-***** series. I think they made a very wise decision there, I see Walkmans poppin' up everywhere.

greetz!

Dec 30, 2007 at 5:23 AM Post #24 of 27
Cowon
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 30, 2007 at 7:55 AM Post #27 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockin_amigo14 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cowon D2.

I'm excited to see if they announce a D3 at CES. A D2 + wifi and greater video codec would be heaven.

Cowon, please build us a iPod Touch killer.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back