If you were stranded on a desert island, what single (1) CD would you want?
Dec 31, 2002 at 5:48 PM Post #31 of 54
A Love Supreme, by John Coltrane, definetely.........though sometimes I feel like I might want Stellar Regions, also by Coltrane.

Any Coltrane disc would make me happy, I should say.....esp. his latter period work.....

Dec 31, 2002 at 8:24 PM Post #32 of 54
Quote:

Originally posted by coolvij
A Love Supreme, by John Coltrane, definetely.........though sometimes I feel like I might want Stellar Regions, also by Coltrane.

Any Coltrane disc would make me happy, I should say.....esp. his latter period work.....

coolvij,
have you seen "the royal tannenbaums"? it isn't exactly pc, but there is a funny coltrane reference in it.

Dec 31, 2002 at 8:27 PM Post #33 of 54
Tchaikovsky's 6th Symphony, not sure which of about a dozen recordings I have. Karajan's 1977 is the one I listen to most. I've been listening to it for 17 years or so, and I still listen to it often. It never bores me.

Jan 1, 2003 at 1:08 AM Post #34 of 54
haven't seen it, will rent ASAP (besides, I heard it's a bucket of laughs)

Jan 1, 2003 at 8:06 PM Post #36 of 54
Quote:

Originally posted by aos
Tchaikovsky's 6th Symphony, not sure which of about a dozen recordings I have. Karajan's 1977 is the one I listen to most. I've been listening to it for 17 years or so, and I still listen to it often. It never bores me.

thanks for reminding me of that. i have the digital recording karajan made of the 6th. i made an md of it last night, and listened to it. i hadn't listened to it for years, and i forgot how crazy/great it was, especially the 3rd movement. wow! i have to get a new recording though, this early digital effort is a bit edgy.

Jan 1, 2003 at 11:57 PM Post #37 of 54
I think it would have to be my "American" versions (anyone who has listened to the old Capitol rainbow label albums knows what I'm saying) of the Beatles' Rubber Soul and Revolver . They both fit on one 80-minute CD.

Jan 2, 2003 at 1:44 AM Post #38 of 54
There is absolutely no way I could pick just one, but if fate would choose one from a small pool of albums, they'd be

Miles Davis: Kind of Blue
Pearl Jam: Ten
DJ Shadow: The Private Press
The Cure: Disintegration
Hooverphonic: A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular
William Orbit: Strange Cargo III
Music by The Dust Brothers/Original Motion Picture Score: Fight Club

When I drift up to shore, I hope I'll have my CD case, player, cans, a small lead acid battery and a solar panel on my person. But a satphone would be more uselfull, wouldn't it?

Mix CD's aren't fair!

Phreon

Jan 2, 2003 at 1:58 AM Post #39 of 54
Quote:

Originally posted by Phreon

That IS a GREAT album...
biggrin.gif

Jan 2, 2003 at 3:53 AM Post #40 of 54
I second you on the "Fight Club" Soundtrack. Some people think it's noise. I was blown away by it.

Quote:

Originally posted by Phreon
There is absolutely no way I could pick just one, but if fate would choose one from a small pool of albums, they'd be

Miles Davis: Kind of Blue
Pearl Jam: Ten
DJ Shadow: The Private Press
The Cure: Disintegration
Hooverphonic: A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular
William Orbit: Strange Cargo III

When I drift up to shore, I hope I'll have my CD case, player, cans, a small lead acid battery and a solar panel on my person. But a satphone would be more uselfull, wouldn't it?

Mix CD's aren't fair!

Phreon

Jul 31, 2003 at 4:29 AM Post #42 of 54
Quote:

Originally posted by mikeg
"Famine Remembrance" by Patrick Cassidy. Produced by Windham Hill Records.

Great piece of music, Mike. You are the only person that I have ever seen who also knew of this cd. I have Patrick Cassidy's other cd, Deirdre of the Sorrows and can strongly recommend it too. An exceptional composer.

JC

Jul 31, 2003 at 8:55 AM Post #43 of 54
Just one? Just one?! I can think of about five I absolutely NEED off the top of my head. Fine, fine. Just one then.

Oh, right, I still have to choose.

¬_¬

Uhh..

The Bends?
smily_headphones1.gif

Naw, it'd have to be Modest Mouse - Interstate 8. That has my favorite song ever on it, Edit the Sad Parts. Never before have I been able to say I've had a single favorite song until I heard that.

Jul 31, 2003 at 3:36 PM Post #44 of 54
I was going to list my usual favorites like The Cure, Sisters of Mercy, Cult, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Rolling Stones, etc but if I was on a desert island I would want the Pet Shop Boys/Discography blasting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back