if you went to the cupertino library today
May 1, 2006 at 4:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

feh1325

Headphoneus Supremus
today, i went to the library and saw a guy working on a laptop, but more importantly wearing a pair of portapros, the kind with the adjustable settings

i was going to ask the guy if he was a headfier, but i was with...umm...someone very special to me...ya...lets leave it at that

so...if yer that guy wearing the portapros...here is my hello

May 1, 2006 at 5:02 AM Post #2 of 13
Not me, but good to see more bay area peeps. Represent!

May 1, 2006 at 5:17 AM Post #6 of 13
That's pretty funny, i do a lot of work in public libs with decent WiFi in San Mateo county, and I always take at least a couple pairs IEMs and my Grados

May 1, 2006 at 5:18 AM Post #7 of 13
I remember studying for the bar exam at the Sunnyvale library. I wanted to get away from Palo Alto and all the other lawyers-to-be and all the stress associated therewith.

There was this really, really cute Chinese girl. She was studying for her MCATs. Of course I was totally infatuated. I think we both were there daily for like 6 ~ 8 weeks. Of course, like an idiot, I never said hello or anything. Guess it was because I knew I'd be moving soon after taking the bar.

Eventually, my bar exam came up and I took it (and passed) and obviously stopped going to the library to study. Heh, I wonder if she did well on her MCATs...

Oh, this has nothing to do with headphones. Just the talk about the Cupertino library triggered an old memory.
biggrin.gif

Best,

-Jason

May 1, 2006 at 5:58 AM Post #8 of 13
lol thanks to this site, I check out a girl's headphones BEFORE I check out the girl...some give me weird looks that I'm just staring at their ears and not their faces.

May 1, 2006 at 5:37 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by feh1325
today, i went to the library and saw a guy working on a laptop, but more importantly wearing a pair of portapros, the kind with the adjustable settings

i was going to ask the guy if he was a headfier, but i was with...umm...someone very special to me...ya...lets leave it at that

so...if yer that guy wearing the portapros...here is my hello

In other words, you are ASHAMED of the hobby!

May 1, 2006 at 5:44 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjcha
I remember studying for the bar exam at the Sunnyvale library. I wanted to get away from Palo Alto and all the other lawyers-to-be and all the stress associated therewith.

There was this really, really cute Chinese girl. She was studying for her MCATs. Of course I was totally infatuated. I think we both were there daily for like 6 ~ 8 weeks. Of course, like an idiot, I never said hello or anything. Guess it was because I knew I'd be moving soon after taking the bar.

Eventually, my bar exam came up and I took it (and passed) and obviously stopped going to the library to study. Heh, I wonder if she did well on her MCATs...

Oh, this has nothing to do with headphones. Just the talk about the Cupertino library triggered an old memory.
biggrin.gif

Best,

-Jason

What a touching story... makes me want to get off my lazy ass and do something about being socially inept.

Wait, no.. this hobby doesn't allow for that
mad.gif

Oh yeah, I would have done the same thing you did, if that's any consolation, which it probably isn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back