If you thought Grado's were bright... then you haven't heard the Koss Pro3aa's
Mar 8, 2009 at 3:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Zombie_X

Headphoneus Supremus
Most of the poeple on this forum say the Grado's have piercing highs, but I tend to disagree. I find them smooth, but still prominent. I have never gotten ear fatigue on my Grado's (except for an old defective SR-325). Most aren't even bothersome to me in the least.

If you however do find the Grado's bright, just place the Koss Pro3aa's on your head and those thought's about Grado will be gone. The Koss Pro3aa's are so bright I can only listen to them for a mear 10 minutes. Their treble is like 4-5x that of the SR-325i(s) by far and is very piercing/fatiguing and has a lot of siblance/harshness to it. The only + to the Pro3aa's is that they were very detailed. The SR-325i's treble sounds recessed in comparison. To think I used to listen to these all the time...

I came from Koss expecting my new Grado's to be about thwe same, but to my surprise they weren't bright in the least. Gone was the hurt of the highs and whoas of fatigue. The Koss ones did have more bass though, but it was sloppy and uncontrolled.

If you don't believe me, just pick up a pair and try them out for yourself. I guarantee you'll think the Grado's are are flat in comparison.

Mar 8, 2009 at 3:46 AM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie_X /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you however do find the Grado's bright, just place the Koss Pro3aa's on your head and those thought's about Grado will be gone. The Koss Pro3aa's are so bright I can only listen to them for a mear 10 minutes. Their treble is like 4-5x that of the SR-325i(s) by far and is very piercing/fatiguing and has a lot of siblance/harshness to it. The only + to the Pro3aa's is that they were very detailed. The SR-325i's treble sounds recessed in comparison. To think I used to listen to these all the time...

Wow. Seriously?

Mar 8, 2009 at 3:55 AM Post #4 of 7
I swear they have that much more treble. The SR-325i are soo smooth.

Try taking the ear pads off of the KTXPRO1 and those are even worse!! Eeven brighter than the Pro3aa's.

Mar 8, 2009 at 5:53 AM Post #6 of 7
Well, maybe those Koss 'phones just fail from the get-go, regardless.
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosoupforyou /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should listen to my mom.

Depends on the scenario, no?

Mar 8, 2009 at 6:07 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie_X /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Most of the poeple on this forum say the Grado's have piercing highs, but I tend to disagree. I find them smooth, but still prominent. I have never gotten ear fatigue on my Grado's (except for an old defective SR-325). Most aren't even bothersome to me in the least.

I came from Koss expecting my new Grado's to be about thwe same, but to my surprise they weren't bright in the least. Gone was the hurt of the highs and whoas of fatigue. The Koss ones did have more bass though, but it was sloppy and uncontrolled.

If you don't believe me, just pick up a pair and try them out for yourself. I guarantee you'll think the Grado's are are flat in comparison.

That just sounds really unpleasant to me. I think I'll pass if the opportunity arises.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back