If you own or have owned the ATH-A500's... I need your opinion!
Sep 28, 2004 at 9:59 PM Post #46 of 51
Thanks for the replies.
Looks like the A500 is the next 'phone to get.
icon10.gif

Sep 30, 2004 at 8:14 AM Post #47 of 51
I personally don't think ATH-A500s aren't meant to be used with a Discman. I own a Sony D-EJ955 Discman, and I can't get the performance I'd expect from the A500s with the Discman, it simply can't drive the headphones.

However, my iPod drives the headphones perfectly.

Another thing to watch out is the Audio Technica signature sound, which was something I wasn't used to when I purchased my pair, and it still sounds (and feels) different each time I use these headphones. The sound is clear, but it doesn't feel so, if you know what I mean...

I think you have to try them to see what they sound like, because it might or might not be the sound you're looking for.

Personally (I don't know about the HD280s but) I realized that I shouldn't use anything except Sennheisers.... =)

Sep 30, 2004 at 2:50 PM Post #48 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Déjà Vu
I personally don't think ATH-A500s aren't meant to be used with a Discman. I own a Sony D-EJ955 Discman, and I can't get the performance I'd expect from the A500s with the Discman, it simply can't drive the headphones.

However, my iPod drives the headphones perfectly.

Another thing to watch out is the Audio Technica signature sound, which was something I wasn't used to when I purchased my pair, and it still sounds (and feels) different each time I use these headphones. The sound is clear, but it doesn't feel so, if you know what I mean...

I think you have to try them to see what they sound like, because it might or might not be the sound you're looking for.

Personally (I don't know about the HD280s but) I realized that I shouldn't use anything except Sennheisers.... =)

Wish I had heard from you sooner -- I just ordered them last night. But I have no way to test them and everyone else has said they sound great and work well on a discman, so hopefully your experience is an isolated one and that the majority is correct and they're not just all salesmen for Audiocubes.com!
blink.gif
wink.gif

Thanks for posting though!

I guess if I don't like them, I can always resell them here on the forum...

Thanks,

bloomcounty
eggosmile.gif

Sep 30, 2004 at 3:09 PM Post #49 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by bloomcounty
Wish I had heard from you sooner -- I just ordered them last night. But I have no way to test them and everyone else has said they sound great and work well on a discman, so hopefully your experience is an isolated one and that the majority is correct and they're not just all salesmen for Audiocubes.com!
blink.gif
wink.gif

Oh yeah, we all get a commission of $100,000,000,000 for each A500 sold
wink.gif
Just kidding! Seriously, if you already pulled the trigger, stop worrying about it and enjoy the cans when you get 'em.

Sep 30, 2004 at 6:53 PM Post #50 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by go_vtec
Oh yeah, we all get a commission of $100,000,000,000 for each A500 sold
wink.gif
Just kidding! Seriously, if you already pulled the trigger, stop worrying about it and enjoy the cans when you get 'em.

I'll definitely post my thoughts once I get them -- thanks for everyone's help!

Off to apply for a sales position at Audiocubes.com now...
tongue.gif

-- bloomcounty
eggosmile.gif

Oct 2, 2004 at 3:57 AM Post #51 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by bloomcounty
blink.gif
wink.gif

Thanks for posting though!

I guess if I don't like them, I can always resell them here on the forum...

Thanks,

bloomcounty
eggosmile.gif

Oh I think you will like them.In fact you'll like them so much that in about a month you'll be wondering if the 900s' could possibly sound any better and just about everybody here knows where that leads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back