if you only had one headphone to live with the rest of your life, which would it be? from what you currently have
Dec 25, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #31 of 43
As I am now 75, if I had to give up all but one, I would keep the B&W PX8. Good sound quality, decent ANC, comfortable, AptX HD, long battery live, well made. Fits all use cases.

My 2019 LCD-XC is my current reference for sound quality. Suitable for reclining in my La-Z-Boy after a toke or two.

My Meze 109 Pro takes my prize for most comfortable.

Dec 25, 2023 at 10:13 PM Post #32 of 43
Susvara.

Has the best mids of any headphone I have heard. Great mid to treble balance. Dynamic bass when powered right. Also very comfortable.
I will for sure add Atrium Open as my other possibility. It has the best tuning on any ZMF headphone to me. Nearly perfect tuning for my tastes. Could use a but extra treble but past that. Haven't heard a headphone better for just pure music enjoyment and relaxing. Not even other really fun HP such as the TH900, Atticus, and Empyrean 1. Or other Totl stuff like Susvara, D8kprole, LCD-5, Caldera, etc.

I can't stop listening to the Atrium and it is by far my most used HP in the past year.

Dec 25, 2023 at 10:45 PM Post #33 of 43
I enjoy the Hifiman Susvara a lot.
It's a great all-rounder.

I'm not past the honeymoon stage with my Diana MR yet, but that's in the running, along with a couple of other headphones.

Dec 25, 2023 at 11:00 PM Post #34 of 43
I enjoy the Hifiman Susvara a lot.
It's a great all-rounder.

I'm not past the honeymoon stage with my Diana MR yet, but that's in the running, along with a couple of other headphones.
Nice!! My friend is sending me the Diana MR to try and if I like it I will be buying it from him with leather bass ported and Suede bass ported included

Dec 26, 2023 at 10:24 AM Post #36 of 43
Not a headphone but Roon (or a Chord Mojo 2 with it's EQ). Makes MOST headphones sound great.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #37 of 43
Verite open for me. Dynamic, detailed, analogue-sounding. Haven’t tried the Caldera yet, but I think those would be competitive (but different).

Dec 31, 2023 at 10:21 PM Post #38 of 43
The Mysphere 3.2 with the Oratory1990 EQ. It's simply streets ahead of all my other phones. Decent bottom end at last and squashed flat a midrange peak. These are superb headphones - see what they're competing with in my signature.

Dec 31, 2023 at 11:01 PM Post #39 of 43
It would be my Rognir Planar. Of everything I have heard…it is the best headphone for my preferences!

Jan 2, 2024 at 11:59 AM Post #42 of 43
Full size: ZMF Caldera - Best overall and well rounded headphone I've ever owned and the most complete headphone I've heard with the HE1 being the only exception.
IEM: Thieaudio Monarch MKII - Just does everything well and my entire library sounds phenomenal on it. Bought it well over a year ago and haven't even wanted to try another IEM since. I've heard IEM's four times its price that don't compete with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back