If you like the $500 B&W Speakers at Apple store, what would be a cheaper alternative?
May 6, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #2 of 8
Do you mean the B&W MM-1s?

Sure. You should be able to find speakers that are comparable in class for less money.These are lifestyle speakers. They target people looking for that small size, the style (aesthetics), and the B&W name (you definitely pay some for that). The miniature 3" drivers won't be able to compete with good larger driver speakers when it comes to midbass.

Do you already have a DAC? That's part of the cost of the MM-1s.

What kind of setup do you want to do? Is it for a computer desktop? For a bedroom?

May 9, 2014 at 4:15 AM Post #3 of 8
I really liked the sound of it, and was wondering if there is a cheaper alternative that sounds just as good.

I don't know which speakers are those but under that price I like harman kardon aura

May 20, 2014 at 7:04 PM Post #4 of 8
Do you mean the B&W MM-1s?

Sure. You should be able to find speakers that are comparable in class for less money.These are lifestyle speakers. They target people looking for that small size, the style (aesthetics), and the B&W name (you definitely pay some for that). The miniature 3" drivers won't be able to compete with good larger driver speakers when it comes to midbass.

Do you already have a DAC? That's part of the cost of the MM-1s.

What kind of setup do you want to do? Is it for a computer desktop? For a bedroom?

I searched DAC http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital-to-analog_converter

and I don't think I have that. I don't even know what it is.

Yes, for desktop, bedroom.

May 20, 2014 at 7:11 PM Post #5 of 8
All digital audio signals have to be converted to analog before they can be amplified for use by speakers or headphones.

What kind of setup are you planning on hooking your speakers up to? What specific devices?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back